1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Prescription designer eyeglasses online...

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by Tengu, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Tengu

Tengu Well-Known Member

Recommendations? Places to avoid?

Thanks!

2. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

a bit of a hijack ... but I was looking at purchasing a pair from here www.framesdirect.com ... does anyone have experience with this specific site?

3. Tengu

Tengu Well-Known Member

No hijack. Feel free. I was also looking at that site...

4. nmoraitis

nmoraitis Senior member

5. Kevin

Kevin Senior member

Good site, great prices. I just ordered a set of frames. Don't forget to sign up for the free $5 off coupon before you place the order.

6. Tengu

Tengu Well-Known Member

Use the search feature guys, that's why it is there:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...amesdirect.com

They are an affiliate of SF.

OK. Thx!

FYI, I searched, but only this forum (B&S)... I should have caught the affiliate link.

7. Leaf

Leaf Member

I bought from framesdirect before. But that was a few years ago. I recently bought my eyeglasses from http://www.eyewearplanet.com/prescri...yeglasses.html. They have competitive pricing and their customer service is good. But I was confused with all different lenses they list. I placed an order for bifocal lenses by mistake [​IMG] They called me to double check if I really needed bifocals. I told them that I did not. They corrected my order and subtracted the charge for the bifocals from the total. The experience was good overall.

8. studyscoot

studyscoot Active Member

I just ordered a pair of prescription glasses from 39dollarglasses.com and they are great. The quality is on par with brand-name glasses. Worth a try, imho.

9. eyegizmo

eyegizmo Member

Frames direct is a good store and I am sure they offer good price have seen them for quite a while.

10. eyegizmo

eyegizmo Member

Frames direct is a good site has been around for a while I am sure they will not disappointed you.

11. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

Hi, looking for bottega frames not available at frames direct.com. Anyone tried otticanet.com or bestbuyeyeglasses.com please? Cheers

12. Wicky001

Wicky001 New Member

The sunglasses which you purchase online come directly from the factory and these glasses are manufactured to perfection by the dealing company. So, if you would like to opt for the glasses online then look for the deals available online at great discounts.

13. Bobby Bobster

Bobby Bobster New Member

I've had not had any experience with frames direct but i'd say check out www.brosgillopticians.com/ they have some coll designer frames.

[​IMG]

14. Bobby Bobster

Bobby Bobster New Member

I've had not had any experience with frames direct but i'd say check out www.brosgillopticians.com/ they have some cool designer frames. [​IMG][​IMG]

15. barnesboys

barnesboys New Member

I bought some AMAZING Sama frames at www.replacementlensexpress.com. This is a very exclusive line of eyewear and lots of celebrities are wearing them - like Mickey Rourke in the Iron Man II movie. I got the Sama Donna (see on Katie Holmes).

This website offers them at the lowest price out there and they are an authoirzed dealer. They also throw in free prescription lenses, free custom sunglass tint, and free shipping (within the US). And ths came in VERY handy for someone like me, who is nearly blind!

So yeah - Sama Eyewear is the hottest thing right now, in my humble opinion!

16. Crazyston

Crazyston Member

I purchased my prescription eyeglasses from Zennioptical.com. Although their eyeglasses don’t have any brand, they are very comfortable. Some of those Zenni eyeglasses are better than the "branded" ones buying from other online stores. In fact, the eyeglasses I choose to wear everyday are a pair of unbranded ones from Zenni.