• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prematurely Washed Raw Denim. Please Help!!!

parallelogram

Reaction score
Hello Guys, I made a big error. I have a new pair of Raw indigo Helmut Lang jeans which were too stiff and I thought if I washed them they would get softer. I washed them in cold water, and set them up for hang dry. I decided to take a look a them and found out that the colour had faded or become lighter unevenly in some places?!?! I looked at the washing instructions (after washing them, doh!), it said Do Not Wash!! What do you denim aficionados suggest I do? I really love these jeans, I just feel really gutted at the moment.
cloud.gif
Any honest suggestions will be supremely helpful and greatly appreciated. rgrds, parallel..

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suggest that you repost in the 'Streetwear and Denim' Forum. users may be more likely to understand how denim works. Here, less likely.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if my Helmut Lang jeans say the same?! I washed them once already and they were fine. But holy crap, jeans that cannot be washed?! Weird times we're living in...

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
buy a new pair!

parallelogram

Reaction score
Yes precisely, that is why I had added the word "intelligent" in the initial message construct, but out of respect towards prospective readers I had removed it! "Any honest (add intelligent here) suggestions will be supremely helpful and greatly appreciated." lol!
tongue.gif

parallelogram

Reaction score
I reposted in the Streetwear and Denim section. Please delete this thread. thanks for the tip.

Kurt N

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
Suggest that you repost in the 'Streetwear and Denim' Forum. users may be more likely to understand how denim works. Here, less likely.
I assume that the omission of irony quotes around "works" is accidental. If by chance it is not, I'd really like to hear how denim "works". Even if this isn't the exact right forum for it. I hope my pants haven't been doing it wrong all these years.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kurt N
I assume that the omission of irony quotes around "works" is accidental. If by chance it is not, I'd really like to hear how denim "works". Even if this isn't the exact right forum for it.

I hope my pants haven't been doing it wrong all these years.

Watch any Levi's commercial if you want to see how denim "works".

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I doubt there is anything you can do.

Anyway, aren't the uneven 'fades' the sort of thing that is encouraged in SW&D? The whole point of wearing them for ages before washing is to wear in your own personal 'fades'.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads