• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pregnancy Entrapment - What are your legal rights, if any?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
It is not!

Child support payments are non dischargeable in a bankruptcy. Sort of like student loans.

He's screwed.

Ehm, I know of two people who have dodged work in order to not have income, which means no child support garnishments (cause ya can't get blood from a turnip). One kept switching jobs as soon as the garnishment order arrived at his workplace.

FWIW - One of these two has since become a decent father, some 8 years after this epidose.

Milpool

Reaction score
It is really unfortunate how the courts default to the mother instead of actually trying to do the right thing.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Courts don't really have an option here - the father wants nothing to do with the child. And since it's his child (doesn't seem to be disagreement on that), he'll rightfully be on the hook for support.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I guess everyone is free to be an immature sociopath on the Internet.

+100 to this and above posts by DakotaRube, LAGuy, and Fuuma.

This guy made a very unfortunate mistake.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a past GF go on birth control so that we could be more liberal when/where we did the do! The key was that I trusted her and we were in love at the time and talked about getting married and having children, but just not at that time. Your friend was stupid if he got caught out there! I have been told by chicks that they are on some type of birth control adn that I don't have to use a condom and I always strapped one on! He is on the hook for 18 yrs. Looks like hge is learning a lesson at a young age. And you should tell him that it can feel just as good with a rubber!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
I had a past GF go on birth control so that we could be more liberal when/where we did the do! The key was that I trusted her and we were in love at the time and talked about getting married and having children, but just not at that time. Your friend was stupid if he got caught out there! I have been told by chicks that they are on some type of birth control adn that I don't have to use a condom and I always strapped one on! He is on the hook for 18 yrs. Looks like hge is learning a lesson at a young age. And you should tell him that it can feel just as good with a rubber!

That's total bullshit but it's no reason not to wear one every single time.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Ehm, I know of two people who have dodged work in order to not have income, which means no child support garnishments (cause ya can't get blood from a turnip). One kept switching jobs as soon as the garnishment order arrived at his workplace.

FWIW - One of these two has since become a decent father, some 8 years after this epidose.

That's a how-to for getting thrown in jail for contempt. But don't worry, the judge will probably let him out for a week or so every couple months to try to find a job.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't be so sure of that. I know a guy with tens of thousands in unpaid support (9 or 10 kids by four or five women). Got picked up for a warrant a couple of months back and was released within a couple of days, the county jail where his warrant is located wouldn't come pick him up in the next county over.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ataturk
That's a how-to for getting thrown in jail for contempt. But don't worry, the judge will probably let him out for a week or so every couple months to try to find a job.

Originally Posted by milosz
Don't be so sure of that. I know a guy with tens of thousands in unpaid support (9 or 10 kids by four or five women). Got picked up for a warrant a couple of months back and was released within a couple of days, the county jail where his warrant is located wouldn't come pick him up in the next county over.

Jeez, now you're reminding me of another friend who had a hellish time trying to get money from her ex. I'm a bit dodgy on the details, but as I'm told the guy was not legal (in Texas???) and got paid in cash. Always four-figures behind, and his wife would haul him into court - every time they'd negotiate something for maybe 10 cents on the dollar and call it even until next time.

I'd be more indignant about it all but she is a bit of a shrew at times so I don't think she's entirely blameless.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
If she won't get rid of it, maybe he can fight for custody (and get real lucky in court) and get the crazy ***** to pay him child support...

Have you ever had a kid? I have 3, and I gotta tell you, they are a **** load of work. My real jobs don't take nearly as much of my energy. The payoff is that they are better than any job. But if the payoff is getting revenge on the mother, the dude is a sucker.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Jeez, now you're reminding me of another friend who had a hellish time trying to get money from her ex. I'm a bit dodgy on the details, but as I'm told the guy was not legal (in Texas???) and got paid in cash. Always four-figures behind, and his wife would haul him into court - every time they'd negotiate something for maybe 10 cents on the dollar and call it even until next time.

I'd be more indignant about it all but she is a bit of a shrew at times so I don't think she's entirely blameless.

But the child is the one really deprived when he doesn't pay support, right?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
That's total bullshit but it's no reason not to wear one every single time.

I said it "can" feel as good as going raw.....especially if you were drinking......And the OP'd friedn should be wearing a rubber EACH time..

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
But the child is the one really deprived when he doesn't pay support, right?
This assumes a responsible mother. I think that's a generous assumption given the types of women some of us are talking about in this thread. I'm pretty sure these horror stories tend not to occur as often when you're dealing with educated, responsible, professional women.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads