Pregnancy Entrapment - What are your legal rights, if any?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xchen, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

It is not!

Child support payments are non dischargeable in a bankruptcy. Sort of like student loans.

He's screwed.

Ehm, I know of two people who have dodged work in order to not have income, which means no child support garnishments (cause ya can't get blood from a turnip). One kept switching jobs as soon as the garnishment order arrived at his workplace.

FWIW - One of these two has since become a decent father, some 8 years after this epidose.

2. Milpool

Milpool Senior member

It is really unfortunate how the courts default to the mother instead of actually trying to do the right thing.

3. milosz

milosz Senior member

Courts don't really have an option here - the father wants nothing to do with the child. And since it's his child (doesn't seem to be disagreement on that), he'll rightfully be on the hook for support.

4. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

I guess everyone is free to be an immature sociopath on the Internet.

+100 to this and above posts by DakotaRube, LAGuy, and Fuuma.

This guy made a very unfortunate mistake.

5. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I had a past GF go on birth control so that we could be more liberal when/where we did the do! The key was that I trusted her and we were in love at the time and talked about getting married and having children, but just not at that time. Your friend was stupid if he got caught out there! I have been told by chicks that they are on some type of birth control adn that I don't have to use a condom and I always strapped one on! He is on the hook for 18 yrs. Looks like hge is learning a lesson at a young age. And you should tell him that it can feel just as good with a rubber!

6. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I had a past GF go on birth control so that we could be more liberal when/where we did the do! The key was that I trusted her and we were in love at the time and talked about getting married and having children, but just not at that time. Your friend was stupid if he got caught out there! I have been told by chicks that they are on some type of birth control adn that I don't have to use a condom and I always strapped one on! He is on the hook for 18 yrs. Looks like hge is learning a lesson at a young age. And you should tell him that it can feel just as good with a rubber!

That's total bullshit but it's no reason not to wear one every single time.

7. Ataturk

Ataturk Senior member

Ehm, I know of two people who have dodged work in order to not have income, which means no child support garnishments (cause ya can't get blood from a turnip). One kept switching jobs as soon as the garnishment order arrived at his workplace.

FWIW - One of these two has since become a decent father, some 8 years after this epidose.

That's a how-to for getting thrown in jail for contempt. But don't worry, the judge will probably let him out for a week or so every couple months to try to find a job.

8. milosz

milosz Senior member

Don't be so sure of that. I know a guy with tens of thousands in unpaid support (9 or 10 kids by four or five women). Got picked up for a warrant a couple of months back and was released within a couple of days, the county jail where his warrant is located wouldn't come pick him up in the next county over.

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

That's a how-to for getting thrown in jail for contempt. But don't worry, the judge will probably let him out for a week or so every couple months to try to find a job.

Don't be so sure of that. I know a guy with tens of thousands in unpaid support (9 or 10 kids by four or five women). Got picked up for a warrant a couple of months back and was released within a couple of days, the county jail where his warrant is located wouldn't come pick him up in the next county over.

Jeez, now you're reminding me of another friend who had a hellish time trying to get money from her ex. I'm a bit dodgy on the details, but as I'm told the guy was not legal (in Texas???) and got paid in cash. Always four-figures behind, and his wife would haul him into court - every time they'd negotiate something for maybe 10 cents on the dollar and call it even until next time.

I'd be more indignant about it all but she is a bit of a shrew at times so I don't think she's entirely blameless.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

If she won't get rid of it, maybe he can fight for custody (and get real lucky in court) and get the crazy bitch to pay him child support...

Have you ever had a kid? I have 3, and I gotta tell you, they are a shit load of work. My real jobs don't take nearly as much of my energy. The payoff is that they are better than any job. But if the payoff is getting revenge on the mother, the dude is a sucker.

11. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

Jeez, now you're reminding me of another friend who had a hellish time trying to get money from her ex. I'm a bit dodgy on the details, but as I'm told the guy was not legal (in Texas???) and got paid in cash. Always four-figures behind, and his wife would haul him into court - every time they'd negotiate something for maybe 10 cents on the dollar and call it even until next time.

I'd be more indignant about it all but she is a bit of a shrew at times so I don't think she's entirely blameless.

But the child is the one really deprived when he doesn't pay support, right?

12. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

That's total bullshit but it's no reason not to wear one every single time.

I said it "can" feel as good as going raw.....especially if you were drinking......And the OP'd friedn should be wearing a rubber EACH time..

13. suited

suited Senior member

14. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

But the child is the one really deprived when he doesn't pay support, right?
    This assumes a responsible mother. I think that's a generous assumption given the types of women some of us are talking about in this thread. I'm pretty sure these horror stories tend not to occur as often when you're dealing with educated, responsible, professional women.

15. leftover_salmon

leftover_salmon Senior member

So you all use condoms with your girlfriends?