• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prefered Scotch Whisky, my 10 top.

c3cubed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
I'm no expert, but it's likely that you need to resize your images to something on the order of 800-1000 pixels in the longest dimension (at 72ppi resolution) prior to uploading so that the hosting service doesn't compress them too badly. I use Imageshack which is painless. Are you running Windows, and if so, XP or Vista? If one of those I should be able to post a procedure.

Yes, my photo and the Port Ellen was my Christmas present. They aren't too hard to find in the States, just expensive. Mortlach (distillery bottled), now that is a hard one for me to find. More goodies -- happened to have one in this picture tonight: the Distillery's Edition Lagavulin.

pc067716du0.jpg

Yes - Windows XP is the current system.
Nice to see you also appreciate the Murray McDavid (!) We seem to come by these regularly at the Quaich dinners, and they usually offer 3 limited edition versions to purchase. I find the Mortlach is fairly regular at the LCBO, but it's advised to pick up immediately as they seem to arrive in quarterly intervals during the season. I remember a few years ago Lagavulin was impossible to find for over a year (apparently some screw up with their inventory forecast) - it was rumoured that most of the distil was sent to another bottler for blending but not sure if it was Chivas or what. It was an odd story.
If you keep the cylindrical tins for odds n' ends and boodles - you must have hundreds stashed away by now. I can't bear to throw them out ....!

c3cubed

Reaction score
Ahh - I think I lucked out with the Photobucket system. Here's a toast to Rabbie Burns day

OfficeBarFront.jpg

Here's a shot of my customized office bar area, with concealed roller drawer in front is my stash at work. As I spend most of my waking hours here, [no rest for the wicked] this is where on occasion, party hour begins also...

Everydaycollection.jpg

The "everyday" collection, for use at lunch and afterhours, including the wee hours.
RoyalFlush2.jpg

A "Royal" flush of sorts.
Some of the rarer breeds - and not always for special occasions. Sad that once opened, they don't last long after that.

Openbar1.jpg

The "secret" sliding chest reveals another stash.

Openbarleftsde.jpg

OpenBar2.jpg

The pullout bar on RS houses requisite Fladgate and other basics.

I wish time didn't fly when having fun, but it does.
Pity we don't have a 30 hour day.

Cheers

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn!

Real close on the posting - if you go to photobucket and copy the part of the address starting with http: and ending in .jpg, then click the "add picture" link here in SF (the little mountain with yellow background) and copy that in, it should work.

Ok, I'm off to look at the rest of your pics.

c3cubed

Reaction score
Damn!

Real close on the posting - if you go to photobucket and copy the part of the address starting with http: and ending in .jpg, then click the "add picture" link here in SF (the little mountain with yellow background) and copy that in, it should work.

Ok, I'm off to look at the rest of your pics.

One would think we both carry bladder-bags and have the stuff adminstered intravenously eh?
laugh.gif

c3cubed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by c3cubed
One would think we both carry bladder-bags and have the stuff adminstered intravenously eh?
laugh.gif

And I'm afraid come next weekend with all the kilts in this town, there'll so little left of the stash and will need replenishing.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif

If it didn't bypass my nose and tongue that way I'd find a way. That is a stunning selection and I am quite impressed...I mean thirsty. Thanks for the pics. The scariest thing is that's your office bar. My 'bar' at work only contains a selection of iced teas, strange sodas and such. Very sweet, possibly the best collection on SF. What's the squat bottle on the far right in the wooden box? Edradour? I've been doing a lot of work on the bar lately; put up a bigger shelf as the malts had outgrown the old one. Getting ready to trim out the cabinet under the counter. But so far...
baroy8.jpg
Below the counter is the everyday wine captain, and eventually, some day will be the little fridge/freezer/icemaker for the vermouths, fruit, soda and such. Drink in good health, Huntsman

c3cubed

Reaction score
If it didn't bypass my nose and tongue that way I'd find a way. That is a stunning selection and I am quite impressed...I mean thirsty. Thanks for the pics. The scariest thing is that's your office bar. My 'bar' at work only contains a selection of iced teas, strange sodas and such. Very sweet, possibly the best collection on SF. What's the squat bottle on the far right in the wooden box? Edradour?

I've been doing a lot of work on the bar lately; put up a bigger shelf as the malts had outgrown the old one. Getting ready to trim out the cabinet under the counter. But so far...

Below the counter is the everyday wine captain, and eventually, some day will be the little fridge/freezer/icemaker for the vermouths, fruit, soda and such.

Drink in good health,
Huntsman

What a wonderful collection you have - and what a great host you must be for someone that slyly asks for an obscure or anachronistic beverage - I'm sure you could silence them quickly.

Yes - I have a decadent office - even with a fireplace and one of the earlier generations of HD Plasma... If one enjoys running their own business and so much of their life and identity is consumed by it, well then, why not? We all spend so much time of our youth "dreaming" of these things and never actually get the chance to make it happen. There's even a storage room for numerous Chafing dishes and the like when a chef comes to prepare stuff in the small kitchen.

A few years ago, the space stirred a bit of delightful controvery when in a featured segment on one of those specialty cable channels - what was nice was that it spawned a re-think of workspace environs. Now there are more copycats, but it's nice to see. Why should these places only be a "set-piece" in some art film?
Me - I took my cue from "The Hudsucker Proxy" and made it real, though certainly not on the same scale.

The small bottle that got cut off from the photo is a '94 Glenrothes Speyside hand-signed limited pour. It's one of their "experimental" distils.

BTW - it appears you have a nice professional looking stove in your kitchen? Hope you use it for some serious repasts? Looks like a nasty beast.
Cheers
wink.gif

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh - I think I lucked out with the Photobucket system. Here's a toast to Rabbie Burns day

OfficeBarFront.jpg

Here's a shot of my customized office bar area, with concealed roller drawer in front is my stash at work. As I spend most of my waking hours here, [no rest for the wicked] this is where on occasion, party hour begins also...

Everydaycollection.jpg

The "everyday" collection, for use at lunch and afterhours, including the wee hours.
RoyalFlush2.jpg

A "Royal" flush of sorts.
Some of the rarer breeds - and not always for special occasions. Sad that once opened, they don't last long after that.

Openbar1.jpg

The "secret" sliding chest reveals another stash.

Openbarleftsde.jpg

OpenBar2.jpg

The pullout bar on RS houses requisite Fladgate and other basics.

I wish time didn't fly when having fun, but it does.
Pity we don't have a 30 hour day.

Cheers

Ye gods!! I hope you work close enough to home to walk, er, stagger!!
wink.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a wonderful collection you have - and what a great host you must be for someone that slyly asks for an obscure or anachronistic beverage - I'm sure you could silence them quickly.

I try. It's fun.
Yes - I have a decadent office - even with a fireplace and one of the earlier generations of HD Plasma... If one enjoys running their own business and so much of their life and identity is consumed by it, well then, why not? We all spend so much time of our youth "dreaming" of these things and never actually get the chance to make it happen. There's even a storage room for numerous Chafing dishes and the like when a chef comes to prepare stuff in the small kitchen.

A few years ago, the space stirred a bit of delightful controvery when in a featured segment on one of those specialty cable channels - what was nice was that it spawned a re-think of workspace environs. Now there are more copycats, but it's nice to see. Why should these places only be a "set-piece" in some art film?
Me - I took my cue from "The Hudsucker Proxy" and made it real, though certainly not on the same scale.

Well, I think that's phenomenal and the sooner I can copycat you the better. Alas, as I don't really have the temperament to start and run my own business, I doubt that will occur.

The small bottle that got cut off from the photo is a '94 Glenrothes Speyside hand-signed limited pour. It's one of their "experimental" distils.

Interesting. Nice.

BTW - it appears you have a nice professional looking stove in your kitchen? Hope you use it for some serious repasts? Looks like a nasty beast.
Cheers
wink.gif

Yes -- a 48" Thermador. Food is pretty central to us, and I nearly became a chef as it is. 90% of the time we eat at home. Tonight was steak, courtesy the grill and 1000CFM hood -- lovely to grill inside when it's 8 degrees F outside. Last night was chicken medallions with prosciutto and porcini in a vermouth cream sauce, with penne alfredo, and a warm salad of yellow beets and spinach in a sherry wine vinagrette. Eating well and often is a pleasure we rarely sacrifice.

flame8dm.jpg

~ Huntsman

c3cubed

Reaction score
Yes -- a 48" Thermador. Food is pretty central to us, and I nearly became a chef as it is. 90% of the time we eat at home. Tonight was steak, courtesy the grill and 1000CFM hood -- lovely to grill inside when it's 8 degrees F outside. Last night was chicken medallions with prosciutto and porcini in a vermouth cream sauce, with penne alfredo, and a warm salad of yellow beets and spinach in a sherry wine vinagrette. Eating well and often is a pleasure we rarely sacrifice.
flame8dm.jpg

~ Huntsman[/quote]

I think you should re-think becoming a chef. Nice to see that Thermador in action.
Gotta' love it.
Love the live-action shot too.
You could put that pic on your Menu Cover: Auberge Huntsman
wink.gif

c3cubed

Reaction score
~ Huntsman[/quote]

flame8dm.jpg

I think you should re-think becoming a chef. Nice to see that Thermador in action.
Gotta' love it.
wink.gif

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I

~ Huntsman

I take perverse pleasure in grilling outdoors during the winter -- there is something satisfyingly primitive about the sensations.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gotta' love it.
wink.gif

Eh, perhaps when I retire. My home actually does have a name, so on my chef's coat it says "Chef de Cuisine, XXXXX."

Originally Posted by eg1
I take perverse pleasure in grilling outdoors during the winter -- there is something satisfyingly primitive about the sensations.

I used to do that; I didn't enjoy it then! You go right ahead!

~ Huntsman

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads