Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Prefered Scotch Whisky, my 10 top.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by speedster.8, Dec 3, 2007.

1. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Laphroaig 10 is a ridiculously good scotch, especially when one considers the price.
    The only Scotch I really drink is the 15.

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

love JW Blue Label....I like any of the JW offerings, but the Blue obviously the best

If I had to choose a JW, I actually prefer black label. But that may be colored by my view that blue label is incredibly underwhelming for the price.

3. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

how much scotch did you have to drink before you started to enjoy it? I've tried it and it's just too strong for me.I'll still to my girly LI iced teas. [​IMG]

You just love the abuse, you seek it out. What color panties does the iced tea come with?

I don't think I've tried 10 different scotches. I have simple tastes, the Glenlivet French Oak or 18 year pretty much do it for me.

4. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

You just love the abuse, you seek it out. What color panties does the iced tea come with? I don't think I've tried 10 different scotches. I have simple tastes, the Glenlivet French Oak or 18 year pretty much do it for me.
    I'm surprised you even like scotch, Mr. Stella Artois.

5. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Why do you need so many scotches? I would be happy with a collection limited to Macallan 18 and an Islay (probably Laphroaig 12 or 15).

6. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I'm surprised you even like scotch, Mr. Stella Artois.
    You do mean Stella-r-twat, don't you. I have some in the fridge right now.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

No votes for Bunahabain yet? Gets my vote for favorite Islay.

8. lefty

lefty Senior member

Laphroaig 10 is a ridiculously good scotch, especially when one considers the price.

The only Scotch I really drink is the 15.

The 30-year-old Laphroaig is also a ridiculously good scotch, especially when found for under $250 per bottle.

lefty

9. Tyto

Tyto Senior member

If I had to choose a JW, I actually prefer black label. But that may be colored by my view that blue label is incredibly underwhelming for the price.

Absolutely. I'd put Gold Label up with Black, though Black is probably the better bargain.

I'll also second (third . . .) the Islays mentioned up to this point, and I'll add Bowmore. A list without Islays is simply illegitimate. [​IMG]

10. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

11. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

Ardbeg is actually the peatiest of them all, a bit too peaty for me. It will blow you away, even if you are a Laphroaig fan. I used to love the Islay peats (Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Ardbeg and Bruichladdich) but have moved inland and now prefer Oban and Highland Park, more middle-ground but still with some smoke.

These really aren't Scotches, by the way, they're whiskies or single-malts. Scotch generally refers to blends, which can still be excellent, of course. I think the best Scotch deal out there is White Horse, which uses Lagavulin as its primary single-malt and yet remains inexpensive.

12. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Caol Ila

+1. I love Caol Ila.

My favorite JW is Gold, also -- I like it better than Blue, and a much better value also. JW Black is my everyday whisky.

Why do you need so many scotches? I would be happy with a collection limited to Macallan 18 and an Islay (probably Laphroaig 12 or 15).

I like to think there is a whisky for every mood. Some days it's the delicacy of Dalwhinnie that's called for, or the power of Lagavulin, others the nuanced pleasure of the Crag distillery's edition, yet others it's the dancing finess of a sherry-finished Macallan.

A random sampling...note the three different Crags

[​IMG]

Absolutely. I'd put Gold Label up with Black, though Black is probably the better bargain.

We like have one mind on whisky or something, Tyto.

~ Huntsman

13. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I like Glenfiddich, but really any liquor my grandfather offers tends to be good.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

A random sampling...note the three different Crags

[​IMG]

Nice display Huntsman. A great range of tastes and kudos on three bottlings of Crag!

15. injung

injung Senior member

Is Glenfiddich supposed to be good? I got a bottle of 12yo to try it out, and frankly I dislike it - tastes like someone added in too much water. It's currently getting mixed with drambuie for rusty nails.