• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prefered Scotch Whisky, my 10 top.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Laphroaig 10 is a ridiculously good scotch, especially when one considers the price.
The only Scotch I really drink is the 15.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ericajones80
love JW Blue Label....I like any of the JW offerings, but the Blue obviously the best

If I had to choose a JW, I actually prefer black label. But that may be colored by my view that blue label is incredibly underwhelming for the price.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
how much scotch did you have to drink before you started to enjoy it? I've tried it and it's just too strong for me.I'll still to my girly LI iced teas.
laugh.gif

You just love the abuse, you seek it out. What color panties does the iced tea come with?

I don't think I've tried 10 different scotches. I have simple tastes, the Glenlivet French Oak or 18 year pretty much do it for me.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
You just love the abuse, you seek it out. What color panties does the iced tea come with? I don't think I've tried 10 different scotches. I have simple tastes, the Glenlivet French Oak or 18 year pretty much do it for me.
I'm surprised you even like scotch, Mr. Stella Artois.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you need so many scotches? I would be happy with a collection limited to Macallan 18 and an Islay (probably Laphroaig 12 or 15).

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm surprised you even like scotch, Mr. Stella Artois.
You do mean Stella-r-twat, don't you. I have some in the fridge right now.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
No votes for Bunahabain yet? Gets my vote for favorite Islay.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Laphroaig 10 is a ridiculously good scotch, especially when one considers the price.

Originally Posted by iammatt
The only Scotch I really drink is the 15.

The 30-year-old Laphroaig is also a ridiculously good scotch, especially when found for under $250 per bottle.

lefty

Tyto

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
If I had to choose a JW, I actually prefer black label. But that may be colored by my view that blue label is incredibly underwhelming for the price.

Absolutely. I'd put Gold Label up with Black, though Black is probably the better bargain.

I'll also second (third . . .) the Islays mentioned up to this point, and I'll add Bowmore. A list without Islays is simply illegitimate.
smile.gif

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ardbeg is actually the peatiest of them all, a bit too peaty for me. It will blow you away, even if you are a Laphroaig fan. I used to love the Islay peats (Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Ardbeg and Bruichladdich) but have moved inland and now prefer Oban and Highland Park, more middle-ground but still with some smoke.

These really aren't Scotches, by the way, they're whiskies or single-malts. Scotch generally refers to blends, which can still be excellent, of course. I think the best Scotch deal out there is White Horse, which uses Lagavulin as its primary single-malt and yet remains inexpensive.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bouji
Caol Ila

+1. I love Caol Ila.

Originally Posted by lawyerdad

My favorite JW is Gold, also -- I like it better than Blue, and a much better value also. JW Black is my everyday whisky.

Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Why do you need so many scotches? I would be happy with a collection limited to Macallan 18 and an Islay (probably Laphroaig 12 or 15).

I like to think there is a whisky for every mood. Some days it's the delicacy of Dalwhinnie that's called for, or the power of Lagavulin, others the nuanced pleasure of the Crag distillery's edition, yet others it's the dancing finess of a sherry-finished Macallan.

A random sampling...note the three different Crags

pc067716du0.jpg

Originally Posted by Tyto
Absolutely. I'd put Gold Label up with Black, though Black is probably the better bargain.

We like have one mind on whisky or something, Tyto.

~ Huntsman

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I like Glenfiddich, but really any liquor my grandfather offers tends to be good.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
A random sampling...note the three different Crags

pc067716du0.jpg

Nice display Huntsman. A great range of tastes and kudos on three bottlings of Crag!

injung

Reaction score
Is Glenfiddich supposed to be good? I got a bottle of 12yo to try it out, and frankly I dislike it - tastes like someone added in too much water. It's currently getting mixed with drambuie for rusty nails.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads