• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pre-workout stuff

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sorry, I know that there has been some threads on this, but what suppliments/nutriion to you feel has helped you, pre-workout?

thanks

mikej77

Reaction score
Jack3d. I work out early in the morning so some days I really need a boost. I like this stuff because it gives me a good feeling of alertness but no stomach issues.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I currently just make sure I have protein in some fashion no less than 60 minutes before and caffeine. And I generally use BCAA's (Scivation XTend) before/during.

I'll be returning to using Purple Wraath next week. I get the occasional BA tingles from it but not like some.

coop86

Reaction score
N.O. Shotgun - amps you up the most/is the best, but is terrible tasting
Jack3d - very good alternative that is significantly cheaper
SuperPump250 - just started using this, works pretty well so far
N.O. Explode - stops working after a week or 2

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been using Jack3d for the past 4 months. Recently switched to black powder.

You just have to try out different things to see which one works for you best.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Either a scoop of whey or a serving of BCAA's.

Bokeh

Reaction score
No explode is good to have on occasion. ex: 3 times a week. If you ever find i start to not be effective just stop taking it for couple weeks. It helps with the focus and energy boost you may want for gym prep.

Oxyelite pro is a great pill to take 45min to an hour before workouts for great energy and mental focus.

AAKG is another supplement you may want to check out. It's more long term but will help with your pump...

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've used NO xplode and Jack3d. Both are good, but I do find that NO xplode gets me going more -faster workouts, less fatigue and the ability to easily keep going even though the workout is over.

That said, when I was on NO I was also using it less consistently (about 3 times per week - non-consecutive) and so everytime I took a scoop (I've never done more than one scoop) it was like... boom.

Have heard great things about Animal Pump and have a container but just havn't cracked it open yet.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Coffee, just one cup. I used to use Ripped Fuel (with ephedra) and it worked pretty well, but it felt strange when I would use them for workouts but not on race day, so eventually I went back to coffee.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take 1MR from BPI, ****'s intense.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Food and maybe caffeine. I think the average person is wasting their money on fancy pre-workout supplements.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right now 3 scoops of instant coffee. Ice it down to make it cold, then pound it. 5g arginine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads