• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

pre-workout stuff

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sorry, I know that there has been some threads on this, but what suppliments/nutriion to you feel has helped you, pre-workout?

thanks

mikej77

Reaction score
Jack3d. I work out early in the morning so some days I really need a boost. I like this stuff because it gives me a good feeling of alertness but no stomach issues.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I currently just make sure I have protein in some fashion no less than 60 minutes before and caffeine. And I generally use BCAA's (Scivation XTend) before/during.

I'll be returning to using Purple Wraath next week. I get the occasional BA tingles from it but not like some.

coop86

Reaction score
N.O. Shotgun - amps you up the most/is the best, but is terrible tasting
Jack3d - very good alternative that is significantly cheaper
SuperPump250 - just started using this, works pretty well so far
N.O. Explode - stops working after a week or 2

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been using Jack3d for the past 4 months. Recently switched to black powder.

You just have to try out different things to see which one works for you best.

APK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Either a scoop of whey or a serving of BCAA's.

Bokeh

Reaction score
No explode is good to have on occasion. ex: 3 times a week. If you ever find i start to not be effective just stop taking it for couple weeks. It helps with the focus and energy boost you may want for gym prep.

Oxyelite pro is a great pill to take 45min to an hour before workouts for great energy and mental focus.

AAKG is another supplement you may want to check out. It's more long term but will help with your pump...

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've used NO xplode and Jack3d. Both are good, but I do find that NO xplode gets me going more -faster workouts, less fatigue and the ability to easily keep going even though the workout is over.

That said, when I was on NO I was also using it less consistently (about 3 times per week - non-consecutive) and so everytime I took a scoop (I've never done more than one scoop) it was like... boom.

Have heard great things about Animal Pump and have a container but just havn't cracked it open yet.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Coffee, just one cup. I used to use Ripped Fuel (with ephedra) and it worked pretty well, but it felt strange when I would use them for workouts but not on race day, so eventually I went back to coffee.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take 1MR from BPI, shit's intense.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Food and maybe caffeine. I think the average person is wasting their money on fancy pre-workout supplements.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right now 3 scoops of instant coffee. Ice it down to make it cold, then pound it. 5g arginine.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.