1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Pre-Prada HELMUT LANG Black 3B SB Suit EU50/US38-40

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by rach2jlc, Apr 24, 2006.

1. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7761808659

I've listed this suit for sale. I hate to part with it as I love the fit of Helmut Lang; but I've lost some weight and thus have moved to a smaller size. You can see all of this info on the auction page, but it is a Helmut size 50, which is about a US 38-40. Pants are single pleat, button fly, 33 inch waist. Color is SOLID BLACK.

If you'd prefer to buy-it-now as opposed to bid, please email me and I will give any forum member a considerably better deal.

If interested, please PM me and I can answer any questions.

THANKS!

2. Margaret

Margaret Distinguished Member

If you'd prefer to buy-it-now as opposed to bid, please email me and I will give any forum member a considerably better deal.

Isn't that a violation of eBay selling practices?

3. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Distinguished Member

Only if someone's already bid on it, I imagine.

4. ineffable

ineffable Senior Member

no, you can end bidding on item early if you reach an agreement with a buyer...

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Well, Margaret, it is neither heads nor tails to me if a forum member wants to pay MORE for the suit. I just figured I'd give somebody here a better deal...

Geesh...

In any case, as long as ebay gets its final value fee, I can charge whatever I want for the suit. If my buy-it-now is $295 and I only charge a forum member $250 or $275, for example. If a buyer here would feel more comfortable going through ebay, they could click "buy-it-now for $295" on ebay, tell me, "Hey, I'm on styleforum" and I could charge them a little less (not as much as buying direct, since I'd have to compensate for final-value fee and listing fees).

On the other hand, if they wanted to buy direct as per my listing HERE, then that has nothing to do with ebay. They don't own my suit, after all. After the suit sold, I would then simply cancel the auction listing "the item is no longer for sale."

John

6. Margaret

Margaret Distinguished Member

no, you can end bidding on item early if you reach an agreement with a buyer...

Thanks.