• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre-owned watch shopping in NYC

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will be in the city tomorrow and wanted to do some watch shopping. On my list so far is

Tourneau
Aaron Faber

Anything else I should hit? I am interested in places with really good selection on site, reputable, and stocking Rolex, IWC, Jaeger, Omega, etc.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In addition to your list, I would add Joseph Edwards (500 5th Ave). All are good places to shop, but not great places to buy. Prices are way too high. Decide what you want the search timezone.com for the best deal.

WJSESQ

Reaction score
+1 on timezone. Also check out rolexforums "for sale" section.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I will be leaving out Faber, reading some awful stuff on Rolex forums. I think because of time constraints I will hit Wempe, Tourneau, and either Deco or Louis Martin.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checkout the Diamond District. A lot of the shops there sell pre-owned watches from the nicer brands.

-LR

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are looking at Panerai..

Giuliano on Timezone seems to be reputable and has references
Giulio
[email protected]

76 WEST 47 STREET GALLERY 1000
tel. 212 354 8402
MOBILE 917 214 5145

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tourneau is way overpriced. Wempe, Cellini, and Kenjo are the best shops for new watches. They usually have some gently used as well. They are more likely to deal than Tourneu which is more of a tourist trap.

Internet is the best bet for used timepieces. Lots of good shops out there that are very reputable. European Watch in Boston and Bernard Watch are two that come to mind immediately.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1+ Bernard Watch

Bartolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
If you are looking at Panerai..

Giuliano on Timezone seems to be reputable and has references
Giulio
[email protected]

76 WEST 47 STREET GALLERY 1000
tel. 212 354 8402
MOBILE 917 214 5145

Gary Jemal, as well, also on 47th St.

caldervale

Reaction score
I'm replying too late, I'm afraid, but I have seen some great vintage watches at Time Pieces on Greenwich Ave.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman
Tourneau is way overpriced. Wempe, Cellini, and Kenjo are the best shops for new watches. They usually have some gently used as well. They are more likely to deal than Tourneu which is more of a tourist trap. Internet is the best bet for used timepieces. Lots of good shops out there that are very reputable. European Watch in Boston and Bernard Watch are two that come to mind immediately.
My experience at Tourneau in NY was not pleasant. I went there thinking I'd leave with a watch but couldn't get them to let me to try on the watches I wanted to see.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
My experience at Tourneau in NY was not pleasant. I went there thinking I'd leave with a watch but couldn't get them to let me to try on the watches I wanted to see.

Did you tell them who you are?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a watch on consignment at Aaron Faber. Have asked for it back twice and so far they have ignored me. They did offer to buy it at a greatly reduced price than what they had indicated they would net me. I will be there in January and plan to stop by.
angry.gif

Perhaps I should bring Foo. I hear he has clout with NYC retailers.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
marked

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads