• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre-Owned Ermenegildo Zegna Suit for $99 on EBay - Second Thoughts

zegnasuit

Reaction score
I hope the EBay seller is not on StyleForum.

Hello all. I made an account here because I bought a Pre-Owned Ermenegildo Zegna Suit for $99 on EBay and I am having second thoughts on my purchase (before the suit even arrives!)
The link is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121126062186?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I was wary of fakes due to the low price, but I took the drop because of the seller's perfect reputation. Then I realized the chest and shoulders of the jacket were about 2 inches too long for me, even though the height of the jacket and the pants seem to be correct. Also, the suit was three button, and I much prefer two button.

I guess I am just another Internet user wishing to be consoled. From everyone else's perspective, does the suit look authentic? Would you pay $99 for this suit?

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At this point, who cares if it's authentic? Your biggest problem is that the shoulders are 2 inches too big, making it completely unwearable for you. Also, why would you buy a 3-button suit if you much prefer 2-button jackets? It seems like you just randomly bought a suit without checking the measurements or even carefully looking at the pictures to make sure you liked it.

Last edited:

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks quite authentic, and $99 is a great price. Cross your fingers on it fitting, and remember to check the measurements first in the future, because it sounds like it won't.

Last edited:

zegnasuit

Reaction score
Thank you, this is the advice I needed to hear. I will have the suit returned.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You bought it on e-bay, sellers usually don't accept returns due to second thoughts about fit. I certainly don't.

If the seller is willing, great. If not, ask to use their photos to relist it if it doesn't fit. But do your homework before buying next time.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You have no right to return the suit. It is accurately described and it is your stupidity that you bought something which is too big and not a style you like.

Throw it away and put it down to experience or put it up for sale again yourself.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You have no right to return the suit. It is accurately described and it is your stupidity that you bought something which is too big and not a style you like.

Throw it away and put it down to experience or put it up for sale again yourself.

zegnasuit

Reaction score
First of all, the suit was never shipped. I told the seller not to ship until I was 100% confident. He gave me a full refund yesterday. I'm not as stupid as you people think I am.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope the EBay seller is not on StyleForum.

Hello all. I made an account here because I bought a Pre-Owned Ermenegildo Zegna Suit for $99 on EBay and I am having second thoughts on my purchase (before the suit even arrives!)
The link is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121126062186?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I was wary of fakes due to the low price, but I took the drop because of the seller's perfect reputation. Then I realized the chest and shoulders of the jacket were about 2 inches too long for me, even though the height of the jacket and the pants seem to be correct. Also, the suit was three button, and I much prefer two button.

I guess I am just another Internet user wishing to be consoled. From everyone else's perspective, does the suit look authentic? Would you pay $99 for this suit?
Why did you "realize" that the measurements were too big and that you "prefer" 2 buttons AFTER you bought it? That is the idiocy that comes from chasing brand names.

Last edited:

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You probably could have flipped it and made $100 as an fyi

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I don't know. That thing is 1990s vintage. On a good day it could go for more than $100, but normally older Zegna stuff isn't as desirable.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoops. I looked too fast. You're right - won't get $200 for that.

McPryon

Reaction score
OP, you should give us your ebay username for a...special list...the forum has.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics