• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pratesi Sheets?

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have experience with Pratesi sheets? Supposed to be one of the top producers but boy are they expensive! Almost $2000 for a duvet cover!

Eyeing this set but still it's hard to pull the trigger on sheets that are almost $3,000:

https://us.amara.com/products/three-lines-super-king-set-white-platinum

I don't understand why a duvet cover should cost that much when a top or fitted sheet is "only around $6-700.

Also looked at Leron in NYC but the pricing is similar. Why are high end bed sheets so expensive if there's no handwork involved?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are in NYC you can wait for the Pratesi sale at Soiffer Haskin. I have a cashmere blanket that I got for 80% off.

Reaction score
I've also noticed that a lot of these luxury sheet brands do a Hotel collection. In fact, I've stayed at a few hotels where the linens were branded Frette or Porthault.

Any significant differences?

rebecca dunphy

Reaction score
We spend about a third of our lives on sleeping, so it’s essential to pick the great bed sheets. I’m sure you’ll agree with me that the most important thing to a set of bed sheets is comfort. This was our deciding factor when choosing the best bed sheets. With tons of options here in the market, what should we consider before buying the best and softest sheets?
1521603810656170.png

SirWilliam

Reaction score
I have had Pratesi 100% linen sheets before and they are very nice.

I have duvet covers from Sferra, Christian Fischbacher (also makes Hästens sheets, and duvets), Signoria Firenze and Frette.

It really depends on what you want. If you want the best, most luxurious fabric then I recommend Sferra. Their range of fabrics is incomparable. They are an actual mill and they specialize in fabrics. I have Sferra Giza 45 sheets and Milos 1000 sheets (both of these lines come in precale and sateen). You wont find that quality of fabric with the other brands (most will top out at 300 thread count) but that said they only come in two colors, white and cream.

If you want something that looks great I think Frette does a very good job and has the strongest brand recognition of any of their competitors. I frequently see their sheets and table linens in high end hotels. A lot of their designs have an ultra clean and crisp look that I really like.

majorhancock

Reaction score
I agree with SirWilliam about Sferra. I've been buying Sferra's Grande Hotel Collection linens for 12 years now. Not cheap (although price is a relative concept) but certainly a better deal than Frette, which I find insanely overpriced and not as good quality. I love the pared-down, no-frills look of these Sferra sheets and pillowcases, with a thin embroidered double trim. I get white-on-white, but they have several other colors. Very masculine and just right for my bedroom. They also offer full (double) sized sheets, which are getting harder and harder to find.

sferra-grande-hotel-queen-flat-sheet-77320fqfl-default.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads