• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prada Menswear 2021 (Raf Simons' first collection)

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Video:

Vogue Photos:

I'm excited what the future holds here. I've always enjoyed Raf when he's grounded by the foundation of another fashion house versus his own label. For example, I was a big fan of his tenure at Jil Sander and thought there was a lot of promise while he was at CK.

Some great bombers and the texture/fabric on some of the pieces look great. Not a big fan of the Prada triangle logo being overutilized on a lot of pieces.

Thoughts?

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a lot better than what I expected, the baggy pants/skinny top combos looked great.
00007-Prada-Mens-FW-21.jpg

00013-Prada-Mens-FW-21.jpg

Some of the coats were also good, didn't care about the argyle logo stamping though, a bit too much like current Gucci.

*ninja edit* Don't much care about the mustard-coloured polo shirt on the first model though, reminds me of skiing underwear.

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
big year for Raf fans between this & the archive reissues!

hope the Prada tenure doesn’t fail commercially the way the CK one did

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
these are insane - that’s all

Attachments

• C083FEC6-94D2-4D42-950B-2100E145D1AE.jpeg
    C083FEC6-94D2-4D42-950B-2100E145D1AE.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 23

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad they had the big coats and knits (this one below is amazing...) because otherwise the skinniness of everything else would make utterly unwearable for most people.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 5.15.20 PM.png

The colours in general are fabulous. I loved this lemon yellow coat...
Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 5.17.13 PM.png

armellod.e

Reaction score
I really liked this show, the last show was good too, but yeah these colors and designs are very memorable. Part of me wishes Prada were more accessible (affordable) but it's also just kind of a fantastic experience getting to see this at all. I've read some blogs/critics comment on the Raf influence but these silhouettes are classic Miuccia, amazing play with silhouettes and masculinity/femininity. Last pic is from 20 years ago...
cq5dam.web.1680.1680-1.jpg

cq5dam.web.1680.1680-2.jpg

cq5dam.web.1680.1680-3.jpg

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Baggy dress pants look stupid no matter what label is on them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads