• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prada Denim

Texel

Reaction score
As I am a fan of Helmut Lang denim (who belonged to the Prada company) I am thinking about buying a pair of Prada jeans.
They cost about 180-300 Euro in the Prada flagshipstores and I think I'll get a discount of 30 % in the upcoming winter sale.

Does anyone has experience with Prada jeans? Are they worth the price?

broady

Reaction score
On a hunch, I'd say not.

If you want designer, perhaps try Dior?

Babar

Reaction score
Well, they are very different to HL in terms of styling, and some of the cuts look downright ugly imho. I haven't seen raw/one wash Prada jeans--though they did denim pants that were raw before--but I must admit some of the darker washes do look kinda nice. For that kind of money though, I can't help but feel there are lots of better, more flattering alternatives that are much closer to the HL aesthetic anyway (Dior, Acne, APC et al).

Texel

Reaction score
What I dislike about Dior jeans is the (very) tight cut which doesn't fit me very well. I saw some nice Dior jeans a few weeks ago and maybe I'll give them a try as soon as I get in that store again but I think that they will be too tight for me.

Goldengloves

Reaction score
Well, I tried on some Prada jeans just last week and they were great! Sizes seemed a little vanity sized as the my normal size (32) was huge on me! I tried on one of thier new styles in black. It was very slim, really low rise, and had a stack very similar to Diors. Prada has actually released some pretty nice cuts this fall.
I might go back to Barneys (where I tried them on) and see if they're on sale.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
I saw a pair of Prada on GQ and they look great. I hear a lot more about Japanese Dior though, is the 19cm and 21cm just the measurement of the leg openings or is the whole fit different?

Goldengloves

Reaction score
Originally Posted by theshonen8899
I saw a pair of Prada on GQ and they look great. I hear a lot more about Japanese Dior though, is the 19cm and 21cm just the measurement of the leg openings or is the whole fit different?

It does fit a little different because there is more of a taper on the 19s compared to the 21s. Also, the Japanese version is a tad bit slimmer than the Italians in my findings. Either way, Japanese or Italian, 21 or 19, they are some quality jeans with a great fit.

bike756

Reaction score
I love my prada's. They are the classic fit (which is very slim) in a raw denim.
They are a lighter blue than most raw jeans I've seen, and they look really great. I really like the back pockets too.

Texel

Reaction score
The last time I've visited a Prada flagshipstore they had about 3 different jeans in a pricerange from 180-300 Euro. All of them don't look even close to the black jeans from Yoox so I assume this is an older model.

The "cheapest" one costs about 180 euro and was unwashed in a dark blue colour tone. Looks pretty much like my Helmut Lang jeans (even the Prada sales person said that Helmut Lang jeans look very similiar) which just costed me about 130 Euro.
The one that caught my attention has a light wash with a nice cut as far as I could tell and costs about 220 Euro (more than 250 Dollar).

v0rtex

Reaction score
They seem comparable to the Gucci denim line. As in nice enough but not particularly inspired, especially given the price.

Much nicer jeans available for the money, in my opinion.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by v0rtex
They seem comparable to the Gucci denim line. As in nice enough but not particularly inspired, especially given the price.

Gucci always had a lot more of that "old man" look to them. Maybe that's because I've only ever seen Gucci jeans on middle aged or older European men, and never on the younger crowd. But the cuts and denim seem very different from Prada denim I've seen, which seems a lot more chic to me.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Originally Posted by v0rtex

Yeah Prada isn't exactly worth the money mainly because of it's label. Exactly what is it that you like about them? I'm pretty sure we can find something better for less or about the same price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads