• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prada Denim

itzamazing

Reaction score
There was a blurb in the June/July Details announcing launch of Prada denim for Fall 05. There's a picture on page 58. Price range is $295-$495. Of course, seeing as how Prada shut Helmut's denim business and are a very late entry into the world of designer denim themselves, I'm interested in the public (and Prada fans) response to the line.

This fall, Prada starts doing denim. And in classic Prada style, its jeans will be fashioned from minimalist clay: traditional cuts, fits that range from straight to oversize, washes from blue to gray.The fabric is hand dyed and aged, so the ash looks natural, unlike some of the over-bleached, über-distressed eyesores on the market. But don't worry about being bored. Deft touches"”smaller pockets, tobacco-colored stitching, and a peekaboo inner-pocket logo"”add enough elegant zing to make you push your other pants far down in the rotation.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
miu miu has been doing denim for years so this shouldn't be too difficult for prada to pull off (nor having helmut lang's denim knowledge either)

i have one pair of miu miu jeans in a really dark wash that actually are quite nice and sort of emulate helmut lang in not having any kind of distressing or markings on the back pocket and only have a very faint marking saying miu miu with a model year number in small black rubber like lettering on the upper rear waist band as their only identifying feature

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
miu miu has been doing denim for years so this shouldn't be too difficult for prada to pull off (nor having helmut lang's denim knowledge either)

i have one pair of miu miu jeans in a really dark wash that actually are quite nice and sort of emulate helmut lang in not having any kind of distressing or markings on the back pocket  and only have a very faint marking saying miu miu with a model year number in small black rubber like lettering on the upper rear waist band as their only identifying feature
Prada has actually been doing denim in their mainline on and off for a few years now, and it figures into their Sport line regularly. I never found the jeans in any of these lines particularly appealing; and at Prada prices, I don't know anyone in their right mind who wouldn't get a pair of 45RPMs instead...

We'll see.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... i should add that i got my pair of miu miu jeans for something obscenely cheap, CHF63.00 or something like that at a prada space outlet (which would amount to about US$50.00)

my point being that i agree with LA guy, that for the price prada jeans will likely sell at, you're better off buying something else

ringring

Reaction score
Prada has actually been doing denim in their mainline on and off for a few years now, Â and it figures into their Sport line regularly. Â I never found the jeans in any of these lines particularly appealing; and at Prada prices, I don't know anyone in their right mind who wouldn't get a pair of 45RPMs instead... We'll see.
I think the high price is an attraction to many Prada customers. They wouldn't have it any way. Many will be clueless to the quality of fabrics, denim or otherwise, but having the heavy price ticket gives them reassurrance of perceived quality.... and it communicates to their peer group, that they have the money Â
biggrin.gif
I guess you could pose the same question about 45rpm's. Why buy Aihikos when you can get natural indigo, silver buttoned Studio D'Artisans for less? Â *joking, naturally
wink.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess you could pose the same question about 45rpm's. Why buy Aihikos when you can get natural indigo, silver buttoned Studio D'Artisans for less? *joking, naturally

Well. in that case, you may as well just go with the vegetal dye RR Nudies, which are even cheaper.

ringring

Reaction score
Exactly the point
smile.gif
Edited to add : BTW LAG, personally I agree with you regarding Prada and 45rpm. I didn't mean to sound argumentative
smile.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ringring,

I know. BTW, it's okay to be opinionated on this forum. You should read some of the political threads or the infamous "Black suit" thread on the main forum if you want to see what grown men write when they get their panties in a bunch..

ringring

Reaction score
Are those raw indigo panties? In that case, bunching is very much to be desired
wink.gif
Thanks LAG.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Oh god that was funnny.

I still want some Studio D'Artisans. SD-103XX is so nice looking...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics