Prada boots

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mbc, Sep 9, 2003.

1. mbc

mbc Senior member

Alright, so I know the opinion of Prada's shoes on this board is a little less than splendid, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts about these: http://www.yoox.com/us....eaid=35 They're on Yoox under Men's, Ankle Boots, Prada (for some reason whenever I direct-link to Yoox it never ends well). Â They're the brown chelsea boots going for $260. Â Thoughts?

2. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

As you probably know, there are a lot of fanatical Prada-bashers on this board, so I doubt you will get a fair, objective analysis.  

Personally, I like the boots - they would look great with jeans, although the sole is a bit thicker than I would prefer.  They are a pretty good buy at $260, although not outstanding.  

As far as the issues with Prada quality, I have found that the problems are mostly confined to their clothing; the shoes and leather goods seem to be fairly high quality (although admittedly not commensurate with their prices).  I wouldn't buy them at regular price, but you could do a lot worse for $260.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I personally like the look of the boots. I know, I know, there are lots of better constructed boots than that on Italian fashion brands, even at that price range; but a pair of Aldens just doesn't look right with a pair of bootcut jeans or a slim Helmut Lang suit, imo. This pair of Prada's, on the other hand, fits the bill admirably. For a better value in the same style, though, why don't you consider the Costume National boots on Yoox?

4. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

If you want to buy mail order, I hope you know your shoe size in Prada. They run huge. I'll take a size 9 C in most American shoes, but 6 1/2 or 7 in Prada.