1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Prada boots

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mbc, Sep 9, 2003.

1. mbc

mbc Senior member

Alright, so I know the opinion of Prada's shoes on this board is a little less than splendid, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts about these: http://www.yoox.com/us....eaid=35 They're on Yoox under Men's, Ankle Boots, Prada (for some reason whenever I direct-link to Yoox it never ends well). Â They're the brown chelsea boots going for $260. Â Thoughts?

2. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

As you probably know, there are a lot of fanatical Prada-bashers on this board, so I doubt you will get a fair, objective analysis.  

Personally, I like the boots - they would look great with jeans, although the sole is a bit thicker than I would prefer.  They are a pretty good buy at $260, although not outstanding.  

As far as the issues with Prada quality, I have found that the problems are mostly confined to their clothing; the shoes and leather goods seem to be fairly high quality (although admittedly not commensurate with their prices).  I wouldn't buy them at regular price, but you could do a lot worse for $260.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I personally like the look of the boots. I know, I know, there are lots of better constructed boots than that on Italian fashion brands, even at that price range; but a pair of Aldens just doesn't look right with a pair of bootcut jeans or a slim Helmut Lang suit, imo. This pair of Prada's, on the other hand, fits the bill admirably. For a better value in the same style, though, why don't you consider the Costume National boots on Yoox?

4. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

If you want to buy mail order, I hope you know your shoe size in Prada. They run huge. I'll take a size 9 C in most American shoes, but 6 1/2 or 7 in Prada.