Prada blazer sizing 48ITA

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Luc-Emmanuel, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

I know Prada sizes a bit on the tight side. However, I was wondering if someone could provide me with some measurements of a size 48 (eu) blazer ? Mainly chest + shoulders.
    For instance, I wear 46 in helmut lang or Jil Sander, but 48 in costume national.

Thanks.
    .luc

2. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

No idea. Call one of the boutiques in the States?

BTW, where do you shop for custom shirts in Paris, if you shop for custom shirts in Paris? I was thinking about going to Cifonelli.

3. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

thanks.

Custom shirts ? No idea. I only have MTM shirts, and they are not made in paris.

.luc

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Depends on the jacket and season. The more casual the jacket, the looser it is going to be. I have a tuxedo style jacket (size 50EU) that fits incredibly tight throughout, and another, tweedy sportjacket that fits perfectly through the shoulders and is actually a little roomy through the torso.

I take a 50 in Jil Sander, Helmut Lang, and Costume National jackets, as well as Prada jackets, so I would say that the jacket will probably fit you. I take a uniform size because I believe that the jackets are designed to fit a certain way. IMO, a 50 Helmut Lang is just not supposed to fit as tightly as a 50 Costume National. Their runway shows reflect the differences in the designers' concept of how their clothes should fit.