• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prada Blazer or Paul Smith

SuitMan650

Reaction score
Bluefly is having a President's Day Sale. I'm deciding between blazers. I saw a Paul Smith navy cotton-wool blend blazer and a Prada Navy Windowpane checked garbandine 2-button blazer. Can't decide on which one to get. I have a Prada blazer already for more casual occasions and was wondering what you guys thought. Does anyone know if these are fused or not? I'm just wondering.

Here are the links:

Paul Smith
http://www.bluefly.com/Paul-Smith-na...901/detail.fly
http://www.bluefly.com/Paul-Smith-PS...801/detail.fly

Prada
http://www.bluefly.com/Prada-navy-wi...801/detail.fly

Daseinflaw

Reaction score
I really like the first Paul Smith and the Prada, but if I had to decide I would go with the Prada.

JS1357

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Daseinflaw
I really like the first Paul Smith and the Prada, but if I had to decide I would go with the Prada.

I like the first Paul Smith the best. The fit of the Prada is too cropped/short.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
First paul smith one... maybe the prada. just keep in mind that the fits of these two brands are pretty different.

Topgoon

Reaction score
^ so true since fit should be the #1 criteria.

Personally I prefer the Paul smith and it's peak lapels.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
I have only tried Paul Smith jacket and I loved it!! The fit was very slim. It is very similar to Christian Dior suits.

However, when I looked the preview for Prada suits, I can tell you that the fit seems to be very slim. If I'm a very slim person, I would go with Prada because I believe both brand are same quality wise.

DandySF

Reaction score
Paul Smith mainline and Prada are probably comparable, from the perspective of construction. I'm not so sure the same can be said about PS Paul Smith.

twistoffat

Reaction score
I like the Paul Smith examples. Not sure if I prefer the first or Second. The first is probably more classical but the contrast collar on the second is a nice touch

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All 3 seem to have high button stances?
Prada has patch pockets. Do you like that?
Also, the 2nd PS has an contrasting collar that will look stupid when that fashion passes.

Also, is there any way to get a slim fitting SC without spending $700?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads