Prada Americas Cup Sneakers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by handler4me, Nov 11, 2004.

1. handler4me

handler4me Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I came across this website selling the Prada Americas Cup sneaks for only 99 dollars and was wondering if they can possibly be real. http://www.shoesempire.ws/product...._id=697 Im not familiar with the site so if any of you had dealt with them before, opinion appreciated. The same sneakers are selling for 350 bucks at neiman's website, so is there any chance they are actually real? Another thing, I thought the other color variations of the sneakers were more exciting [like the white and navy ones] but i was wondering if the completely white sole gets dirty so quickly and it would look horrible after a few wears. Any opinions greatly appreciated.

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Those shoes on eBay are definitely fakes. Compare them to the ones on the NM website, and you will see the toe has a much sleaker shape, the nylon areas are larger and shaped nicer, and the stitching looks decent, instead of like crap.

3. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

I looked at them and they look legit. The website looks legit as well. The price almost seems too good to be true.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Prada changes their America's cup shoes quite often, this could be a much older model. Look on Raffaello's network, they have the 2004 and 2005 models and they look nothing alike. Not saying those shoes aren't fakes, but the fact that they look different from other America's cup shoes does not make them so.

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Brian, you can buy these shoes at Nordstrom Rack from time to time at $129, so I don't think the price is outrageous, I bought a pair at the Rack in Costa Mesa a couple months ago.

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Points well taken, but I personally still think they are fakes. The leather quality doesn't look so hot, and neither does the stitching. They just don't look as clean as a Prada shoe should. Maybe because the photos are low resolution I'm mistaking color spots for poor quality stitching. In any case, I don't really think it's an outrageous price by any standards. The website, however, does look legit, so I'm torn. I think I'm going to go end my life now, this is just too traumatizing.

7. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Just something I noticed: if you substitute the .ws in the domain with .com, which ostensibly leads to the same website, you'll notice that they're charging $199 for the sneakers instead. I don't know/care enough about Prada to judge authenticity, though.

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Well, I will figure it out for sure, I ordered a pair. I have real America's cup shoes that I bought from Nordstrom Rack so I will let you guys know anyways. I have plenty of friends who would love these whether they are real or not so they will make a good gift regardless.

9. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

I ordered a pair as well. I will let you know when they arrive.

10. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

Have either of you guys received your shoes yet?

11. lionel

lionel Well-Known Member

I received the shoes this morning. They are 100 % fake . The parcel was shipped from Turkey. The box doesn't even have the model name. The authenticity card is, of course, not included. Stay away from the fraudulant seller . I asked for a refund. Let's see if it's possible

12. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Oh no. Thanks for the warning.

13. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

Wow.. Thanks for the warning.. I still haven't received mine. When did you place your order??

14. truthhurts

truthhurts Senior member

Just charge it back on your credit card. You did pay by credit card right? [​IMG]

15. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

That is exactly what I am going to do. I just haven't taken the time to do so yet.