• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Powell Peralta 80s style T-shirts re-issues on sale at Urban Outfitters!

Reaction score
i want to say i got into skating in 88
had thrasher and transworld subscriptions
influenced my taste in music and style of dress

natas kaupus was my favorite skater

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmm... skated from 90 to 92, stopped, and then started again in 94. gonz is my ideal... my biggest influence tho was mid 90s east coast... philly mainly, and tampa since i lived 30 miles away.
02.jpg

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
I'd say around 86-87 for me - huge Mike McGill fan at the time but by 90-91 I was all about Ray Barbee - he's still one of my favs, even though I don't skate anymore.

I was such a Barbee fan I needed to make it permanent and got this last summer!
137099385_2206c1d0e4.jpg

nice... i was always a big ray barbee fan. i want a pair of the barbee sk8 his.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cheap - I just saw the photo of all the powell decks that you posed on the SuFu WAYWN thread....It brought a tear to my eye! lol

I used to date a SC model and she did a photo shoot in a red basement in Baltimore that had a great collection of (red only) old school decks..... I thought that was my favorite collection until I saw the one you posted!

anthony

Reaction score
My first deck with gullwings and slimeballs!! ..ahh those were the days.
obrienni6.jpg

someoneNew

Reaction score
Sweetness! I'm an 80s skater too, my first deck was a Price Club Kamikaze, but quickly graduated to a Powell Peralta Ripper. Red and black, and had all the 80s accessories, tail guard, nose guard, rail guards, copers, ROFL. Soon I switched to Caballero. He was definitely my man after that, shredded at street and vert. Funny the guy lives in the same town as me but haven't seen him yet
frown.gif
Just got back from a trip to Hawaii and I swear I saw a part of Wallows. Any Bones Brigade fans may be familiar with that name. I took a picture of it, was in Lahaina but unless the trench goes furthur up from the town I'm not positive it was it. After about a 15 year hiatus I just got the skateboarding bug again 2 weeks ago. Dug my short board (90s Alva Ozzy) and long board (90s Sector 9) out of storage and am getting them ready for riding - new bearings and such. Can't wait to get into it again. Hopefully soon I can hit the southbay skateparks and see all the tiny grommits who'll think I'm some old dude at 32. ****, for $13 a pop I'll grab both the Dragon & McGill. The Riipper is gone (I saw it at some fashion boutigue in SF for over $80 and I'm glad I didn't grab it) from UO, the McGill only has S/M left, and the Dragon is fully stocked. EDIT: If fact I was heading to Gilroy today to hit the Vans outlet to get some old school hi tops, too funny I just poked in and saw this thread.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
I used to date a SC model and she did a photo shoot in a red basement in Baltimore that had a great collection of (red only) old school decks..... I thought that was my favorite collection until I saw the one you posted!
username & password please----------to check out the decks in question

someoneNew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I think the Orlando UO had all of those in stock. Definitely a lot of the bones shirt. I think a few of the others. I really want that old school larry bird shirt there but dropping $38 for it seems a bit much.

Wow, well I meant it was gone from the onlne store. I went to UO in the southbay last night (wasn't looking for these Ts in particular) but didn't catch one.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
what size? dont **** with me poly
sz 9 at least for me, that mcgill deck was my holy grail. i remember also looking at thrasher and CCS. I loved that mcgill graphic. The first hawk deck is always classic. my first real deck was ed templeton

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I had an og lime green caballero with some ojIIs. This was in the late 80s? I think I still got that ****. I sucked at skating too but I was rockin skate shoes back in the day. Oh and I am kinda friends with kerry getz too, he sent me some kicks last year and invited me to a dvs shoot around that time.

turnerxce

Reaction score
Ahh, those bring back memories of 1986, for sure. My first deck was a pearl white McGill skull & snake. The thing was enormous, being a ramp deck, but really as a 12 y.o. kid I totally bought it solely on the graphic. As I got better I upgraded to more street-friendly boards, but that whale will always be my first love.

Favorite skater: the one, the only, the immortal... Rodney. Mullen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads