powder blue blazer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by chino3k, Feb 5, 2012.

1. chino3k

chino3k New Member

i have a daytime event to attend that's smart casual. it's always warm where i am so the whole seasonal dress etiquette doesn't really apply to me in the same way it would if someone lived where there's actual winter and fall etc. this event isn't some serious black tie but you're still expected to wear pants, buttoned shirt, blazer or suit and shoes.

anyways so i spied this powder blue blazer at a shop that i like but it's just the blazer and it's on the mannequin with jeans which is a no no for this event. so i'm wonder what kind of trousers can one wear with a powder blue blazer for s more dressy occasion because trying to find a pants that's going to match it closely is probably not in the cards for me so an alternative recommendation would be highly appreciated.

thanks

2. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

Pants that matched it closely would be dreadful anyway. I suggest light khaki chinos or light grey linen trousers.

3. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

When considering a sport coat in a bold or vibrant colours make certain that the colour works with your skin tones and overall body type.
    Welcome to Styleforum.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  4. GBR

GBR Senior member

Darker cotton trousers , not blue would be fine.

NB sentences in English always begin with an upper case letter. It is remarkable how difficult it is to read a piece that does not follow correct style.

5. sullivan025

sullivan025 Senior member

This. It would be good to have a slightly darker trousers.