• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Pound Falls Below $1.50

bryce330

Reaction score
It's now at 1.495 according to xe.com...

Am I the only one who's planning a quick shopping trip to London in the next few weeks?

I realize this may be more appropriate in the CE forum, but I'm really only interested in this news to the extent it effects my shoe buying power.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Goodness.

LeonM

Reaction score
Doesn't help those of us travelling west across the pond in the near future.

Leon

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I ordered an alpha M65 from the states when it was $2 to the pound, I'm tempted to cancel the order and make my first £25 in currency speculation....

It was great being able to buy cheap clothes from the states when it lasted. Hopefully you guys will now return the favour and help your cousins' economy out by buying plenty of shoes. This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity, I'd advise stocking up...

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Benchgrade C&Js are now $324 with free shipping from Pediwear folks. Get 'em while they're hot folks.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The yen, too, is unbelievable. IIRC, this summer it was nearly 170 or so yen to the Euro... now it's 119? And it was up over 200 yen to the pound a while back, now it's like 142? Nantucket Red, Alter, dtmt, and our other expat friends are laughing all the way to the bank...

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeonM
Doesn't help those of us travelling west across the pond in the near future.

Leon

Offer to mule crap across the pond and charge a small commission. You'll make a killing.

Are you coming to the states for the late RJman's wedding?

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope it stays there until the end of the year; I may pull the trigger on something from da Row!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
Offer to mule crap across the pond and charge a small commission. You'll make a killing.

Ahem... where is my invitation? I'm already in the States and I promise to dress well, but not so well that I upstage teh bryde and teh gruum.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's in the male.

By teh courier? Ooh-la-la; I hope he's cuuuute.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Benchgrade C&Js are now $324 with free shipping from Pediwear folks. Get 'em while they're hot folks.

The dollar may get even stronger against the pound and those shoes may get cheaper yet, according to some "experts".

LeonM

Reaction score

If i join a Nancy Reagan seance, and so receive a gilt-edged stiffy in the post, i'll be there!

Leon

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 132 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 250 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.6%