• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Potential trip to Northampton UK ?

Frigiliana

Reaction score
With a bit of luck i should be staying about 30mins from Northampton this coming May, i've said to the wife i want to spend a day looking round the the Factory Shops in and around Northampton , can i still use the PDF file as a guide to the addresses and opening times for the shops ? I am particularly looking for the Alfred Sargent, Trickers and Crockett & Jones stores to browse , worst scenario if can't see anything to buy i can a least try some shoes on to see what i like for a future purchase online. Any advise would be appreciated.

[ATTACHMENT=5136]factory-shoe-shop-directory.pdf (4,483k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sargent is not in Northampton town. Four or five are and are walkable. I have visited four - Churchs, C&J, Trickers & Lobb. Not sure if Edward Green has a proper factory shop.

Frigiliana

Reaction score
Thanks Kingstonian, sorry double post

Last edited:

Frigiliana

Reaction score
Thanks Kingstonian, will have the use of a car so should be able to get to the ones outside Northampton , do you know if the opening times on the link are still relevant ?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't go with any hope of finding shoes and you'll have a good time.

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Don't go with any hope of finding shoes and you'll have a good time.

Seconded. I left empty-handed when I went up early last year but had a great day out (on foot) and picked up a couple of decent pieces in the city centre charity shops, instead.

Church's will most likely have the widest selection of shoes and boots; I've heard that they sell perfect 'left-overs' from big production runs in the factory shop so as to use up all the leather. Certainly, I found more models in my size there than anywhere else.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't know how jealous I am of you. Never been by my gf knows when we do go across the pond I will disappear for a couple of days...:embar:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I most regularly drop by C & J and there is no doubt that I will be lucky one out of five or six trips, but it's all in the anticipation. They are open from 2pm on Fridays and the first hour is manic. However, if you ask the staff if they have anymore of your size they ordinarily ring down to the factory to see if others are to be brought up. Church will have the widest selection and volume and you can go to Edward Green with a pre arranged appointment.

A friend of mine wanted some C & J Chelsea 3 and asked if I'd drop in to see if they had any UK 8.5. No such luck for him but there was Tetbury black dainite sole and Ryton.

He went for Ryton at GB£180 great value!

At the very least you will have a most enjoyable day!

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here is the photo I sent him to choose. Less than a minute and he decided. He was delighted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads