• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Potential Corneliani great deal on STP

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Corneliani suit Not sure what line this is, but the price is consistent with one of their fully canvassed lines. An extra 10% off coupon is available as well. Looks like a nice suit, but not sure about the vents, etc. (as it's not described well).

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those suits are pretty decent. I bought one of them a year ago when they had them for $499. At that price it was fine, but at the markdown it is a steal. The only thing is that it is a heavy winter suit, which hasn't worked well for me, because I live in the tropics. They have side vents.

I am not sure what line it is, because the tag on my suit simply says Corneliani. I have a Sartoria (sp?) suit from Corneliani and it indicates it, but I guess this suit is not from the Sartoria line.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I'd recommend that someone looking for a classic winter suit at a great price point buy that sucker.  I have a hard time finding a plain grey/dark grey winter suit with styling that I like.  I like everything about that Corneliani -- nice shoulder, nice lapels/button stance, and double vents.  Fact that it is heavier makes it very classy for us Northeasterns indeed.

EDIT: I've also seen a lot of Cornelianis with no "Linea Sartoria" designation -- can't notice any quality difference at all. The Corneliani Trend, which is fused, is clearly labeled as such.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, nothing in longs. I would have snatched that up at those prices.

4Mica

Reaction score
Well, I picked up the dark charcoal 60 w/ a 10% discount. I SHALL let everyone know the results when I get it.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought 3 of them about 3 months ago per Johnny's advice (thanks Johnny). It was a steal at about $280 each plus 10% discount. The prices are even better now. They're excellent, fully cavassed, double vents, 3 rolls to 2, light shoulder paddings, hand-picked stitichings on lapels and lining edges. Materials a little bit on the heavy side, but perfect for the Northeast from September to May.

The sleeves are on the long side, I needed to shorten 2.5" from the sleeve, usually 1.5" with my other suits (Isaia, Brioni). And my tailor had to extend the sleeve opening **** for another inch.

If they're your size, snatch them up ASAP.

Earthmover

Reaction score
Those are great deals; sadly none in my size.

I was looking through other areas of STP,and I noticed some Gianluca Isaia suits -- Where do they fall on the Isaia spectrum? I assume based on the original price that they are canvassed, but can I expect any handwork on buttonholes and such? Some of the designs looked good, and if they are good quality, I would think seriously about getting one of them.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isaia -- my favorite sub-$3000 suit, perhaps. Prices are fantastic. If you are a 44L, I would grab that single breasted peak lapel in charcoal heather. Nice amount of handwork, great fit. Very soft. Normally superb fabrics. I love their silhouette. If you need a suit, the price point is very, very good even on the ones that aren't on sale (remember to use the 10% coupon).

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isaia has more hand works than Corneliani. $600 is a very good price for an Isaia suit. At $900, it's still a good price. But I've seen a much better price for Isaia at C21 and Barneys Warehouse sale.

regularjoe

Reaction score
Just make sure it's Isaia and not the fused Gianluca line. Of course, with STP's generous return policy, it doesn't hurt to look.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The $2500 Isaias are all the full canvas line. The "Gianluca" fused suits are listed at retailing at around $1000.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isaia has more hand works than Corneliani.  $600 is a very good price for an Isaia suit.  At $900, it's still a good price.  But I've seen a much better price for Isaia at C21 and Barneys Warehouse sale.
But that requires being in NYC at the right time and still getting lucky to boot. Between having to deal with C21's crowds, odd sales timing, and normally small selection, I'd ante up and pay a premium for getting what looks like a really great selection in 44 and up on STP.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may also be interested in this discounted Giampaolo De Santi. Â (Sorry, jn3, couldn't resist. Â
tounge.gif
)

redtree00

Reaction score
I purchased one in December, great suit but definately a winter suit it's almost flannel like in feel, no way you can wear it when it is over 60+ degrees.
Jacket is double vented and has a nice shoulder.
It is also cut a little bigger than the usual Corneliani, both in length and in width.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI everybody -- Ambulance Chaser is joking about the De Santi suits.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads