• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your workout schedule here

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it'd be beneficial to forum members to learn from each other's workout schedule. I work out with the principle that I hit every major muscle once each day, three times a week. I don't enjoy much leg work because of a pulled hamstring from several years ago, and it has left (semi?) permanent damage on my right leg. I also do cardio after each work out, usually on a bike, or if I feel really good, some running. The whole thing takes about 60-70 minutes, plus 20-30 for cardio afterward. There have been some noticeable gains on both strength and mass (my gf loves my bigger boobies
biggrin.gif
). Once I'm satisfied with a certain body part, I'll deemphasize it and focus on another. The only down side to this so far has been that a slim suit jacket I used to wear comfortably is now very tight. I might have to stop doing this soon because I can't afford a new suit wardrobe. Here's mine, let's see what you got. Day 1 Bench Press DB Flyes T-Bar Rows Incline DB Curls Pullover & Press DB Military Press Sit-Ups Squats Day 2 Incline Press Lat Pulldowns 1 Hand Cable Curls Pulley Pushdowns DB Side Laterals DB Front Raises Leg Raise Lying Leg Curls Day 3 Decline Press Hyperextensions Seated Rows BB Preacher Curls BB Tricep Extention DB Bent Laterals DB Side Bends Calf Raises BTW, I've been using "The Gold's Gym Training Encyclopedia" to design my exercises for several years. It also has workout schedules by some of the old pros. Simple, but highly informative.

sybaritical

Reaction score
Bikram Yoga 5X

4 standard classes.

1 advanced series.

Not quite what you're after I guess, but it suits me.

greentea

Reaction score
damn the next mr.olympia right here.

mine is simple:

jog 30 minutes every other day

every other day pull ups, push up,

yoga abs

crackup[1].gif

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sybaritical
Bikram Yoga 5X

4 standard classes.

1 advanced series.

Not quite what you're after I guess, but it suits me.

Here's something interesting I read in Men's Health. They did a survey of how sexy women find their men when they are performing certain activities on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is the least sexy and 10 is the sexiest. Lifting weights scored a 6. Yoga scored a 1. I wonder why.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my current workout schedule:

Tuesday:
Supersetted, 10-12 reps done 4 times, 60 sec rest after last exercise
Deadlift
Explosive Pushup
Bulgarian Split Squat
Dumbbell Row

Supersetted 20 reps, done 2 times, 60 sec rest after last exercise
Deadlift off the box
Dumbbell Bench Press
Walking lunge with side bend
Cable Row

2 sets, 10 reps
Hanging Leg Raise

Thursday: 20 minutes on exercise bike

Friday:
Supersetted, 10-12 reps done 4 times, 60 sec rest after last exercise
Squat
Underhand grip lat pulldown
Step-up
Dumbbell Push Press

Supersetted 20 reps, done 2 times, 60 sec rest after last exercise
Front Squat
Wide Grip lat pulldown
Step-up
Dumbbell shoulder press

2 sets, 10 reps
Swiss Ball Crunch

Friday night: Martial arts class

Sunday: 20 Minutes on exercise bike
4 minute tabata protocol, doing thrusters

Daily Stretching

mizanation

Reaction score
3 X Week:

3 x 5 deadlift
3 x 5 dumbbell bench
3 x 5 standing dumbbell press
3 x 5 turkish getups

2 or 3 X Week: MMA, BJJ or Grappling

when training for a competition, i train 4-5 X Week with cardio everyday.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I'm currently doing a full body workout, three days a week.

Squats, leg presses, leg curls, leg extensions, walking lunges, calves...

Bench press, pulldowns, shoulder press, rows, shrugs, skullcrushers, bicep curls, triceps, hammer curls and various ab exercises... usually 3-4 sets of each, 8-10 reps, going very heavy on the weight.

That's pretty much a typical workout. I was recording everything in a journal, but lately I've just been mixing it up and trying to work everything to exhaustion.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mizanation
3 X Week:

3 x 5 deadlift
3 x 5 dumbbell bench
3 x 5 standing dumbbell press
3 x 5 turkish getups

2 or 3 X Week: MMA, BJJ or Grappling

when training for a competition, i train 4-5 X Week with cardio everyday.

I need to mix in some sort of martial arts into my routine. It sucks that there isn't a decent place to study where I am now.

What do you compete in?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's mine:

Workout A:
Squat: 4 sets x 5 reps, starting with a light warmup set and progressing to a max effort set
Bench: 4 sets x 5 reps, starting with a light warmup set and progressing to a max effort set
Rack Pull: 3 set x 5 reps, starting with a light warmup set and progressing to a max effort set.
Pullups: 5 sets, I play around with the reps.

Workout B:
Deadlift: 3 sets x 5 reps, starting with a light warmup set and progressing to a max effort set
Military Press: 4 sets x 5 reps, starting with a light warmup set and progressing to a max effort set.
Bent BB Rows: 3 sets x 5 reps, starting with a light warmup set and progressing to a max effort set.

mizanation

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
I need to mix in some sort of martial arts into my routine. It sucks that there isn't a decent place to study where I am now.

What do you compete in?

whatsup DnW. where do you live? i could recommend a school for you.

i compete in grappling tournaments.

Goblin

Reaction score
I'm kind of screwed on lifting for a while. Goobered my wrist up skating last weekend and it's still really sketchy. When I'm on a regular schedule, I do two relatively abbreviated full-body workouts, one on Sunday and one on Thursday, with basic compound lifts. I believe the only isolation lifts I do are curls and weighted crunches.

On my other days, I try to get in 20 minutes at a good pace on the Airdyne, or a "pushup pyramid," or some extra weighted crunches, basically just something each day to count as "active rest." I also walk a lot, including up and down the 9 flights of stairs to my office, across a few blocks to court, etc. And I skate on weekends and some evenings.

Originally Posted by mizanation
i compete in grappling tournaments.
mizanation, I trained BJJ/sub grappling (mostly no-gi) from about summer 2002 until early 2005. No competitions, no MMA, just a hobby. Didn't get in as often as I should have. I pretty much suck, although I'm ridiculously Gumby-like.

There's a gym with a good regional reputation in the city where I live now, but I've been getting a lot of tattoo work on my arms lately, so I'm out of commission on grappling until I'm done with that, which may be a while.
frown.gif
Once I'm finished with the forearms, I will probably train muay thai to stay active until I can start grappling again. Right now, I'd just as soon not tie up or block anything while my forearms are continually healing. I really enjoy BJJ, but I'm very bad about letting other things take priority, which is why I still suck.

mizanation

Reaction score
sounds like you do a lot of different things, goblin.

that's cool, same with me. a few of my friends are world-class level mma/sub-wrestling competitors, but that's all they do. i'm no where near that level, but i have a ton more interests. sometimes they complain about how one-dimensional their lives are, but you and i will never have that problem!
smile.gif

of course, we'll also probably never be ADCC champs, though.
tounge.gif

muay thai might not be a good idea if your tats are healing. you'll block a lot of punches and kicks with your forearms.

i'm actually thinking about entering into the world of tattoo art, myself. i have a friend who's awesome. he says he'll ink me up next time i see him.

staying active is just as important as working out, i think.

dryice

Reaction score
i'm not much for lifting weights but here is my daily workout schedule.
1. 10 perfect form pushups
2. 30 minutes of full body stretching (think pilates)
3. 3 sets of 20 perfect form pushups
4. 5 mile street course with min 100ft incline (gmaps-pedometer)
5. 15 min cool down (walk)
6. 15 min stretch down
7. 2x dunhill lights

if i don't have time to run i'll just stretch and jump rope for 30 minutes followed by dunhills :0

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Four times a week:
Run 3-5 miles

Twice a week:
Run 6-8 miles
core strength exercises

Once a week:
sleep in.

sonteq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Here's something interesting I read in Men's Health. They did a survey of how sexy women find their men when they are performing certain activities on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is the least sexy and 10 is the sexiest. Lifting weights scored a 6. Yoga scored a 1. I wonder why.

I've done Bikram Yoga before and it's actually quite tough! very good for toning the muscles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads