Post your photography skills! (self-gloss)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JetBlast, Jan 9, 2007.

1. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

[​IMG]

2. blank

blank Senior member

Here are some shots that I've taken around New York city lately on 35mm B&W: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. bigboy

bigboy Senior member

[​IMG]

The eyes are simply amazing..

4. Roy

Roy Senior member

I made this in Alaska... Because of this i'm now learning to fly small planes, lovin' it! [​IMG]

5. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

[​IMG]

What equipment are you using? great pics, btw

6. EMY

EMY Senior member

[​IMG]

typical southern california weather

7. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

awesome sky the other day. took these while driving lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. zorglubb

zorglubb Senior member

Never had formal training. Here are some picture I took on a recent trip to Iceland (with a used Lumix LX2) and loved. I would appreciate any critique.

[​IMG]

Like your pics taken in Iceland[​IMG], did you travel a lot during your trip?

I've taken some pics of this church my self,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

NR- 50 summilux pre-asph (i found i prefer non-asph for portraits - along with a pre-war summitar) and, yes, the m8 (though i use the m6 as well). I picked up the m8 when we had our daughter 6 months ago (the pic is a friend's son), but i am missing film.

your pic is beautiful as well (i spent a little time in camden - not sure if it's close to bailey island), i've been wanting to get a wider angle than my 28, and your 21 shows why.

please post more pics - we need more leica folks on here (especially the presence of an mp shooter).

I agree about the pre-asph 50 Summilux for portraits. It has an almost magical 3-D effect with a sort of shallow bowl-shaped field of focus. Here are some street portraits I've shot with the MP and 50 Summilux.

[​IMG]

Kanamara matsuri, Kodachrome 64.

[​IMG]

Tomioka Hachiman matsuri, Kodachrome 25 PKM.

[​IMG]

Same as above.

10. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

I really like the shallow depth of field on these portrait shots. Back in the day when I was using a film camera I had a Canon 50mm f1.2 lens that was awesome for portraits. These days the closest thing I've found that shoots really shallow are the Zeiss 85mm or 135mm at f1.8. Really nice glass but are they expensive.

I've been mulling over shooting some film again. There are just some things that turn out better with film not to mention it requires much more thought to get it right. Ahhh the good old days of shooting real color IR. I digress.

11. Nantucket Red

I really like the shallow depth of field on these portrait shots. Back in the day when I was using a film camera I had a Canon 50mm f1.2 lens that was awesome for portraits. These days the closest thing I've found that shoots really shallow are the Zeiss 85mm or 135mm at f1.8. Really nice glass but are they expensive.

I've been mulling over shooting some film again. There are just some things that turn out better with film not to mention it requires much more thought to get it right. Ahhh the good old days of shooting real color IR. I digress.

The shallow DoF in that light was made possible by shooting ISO 64 and 25 (ah, Kodachrome!), which allowed me to shoot wide open at 1.4. Wide open is where Leica glass like the Summilux really shines.

I have long coveted the Zeiss ZF 85 1.4 for my Nikons, but have so far not talked myself into parting with $1k for it.

As for film, 2010 is Kodachrome's 75th birthday and the last year it will be processed. I have enough in my fridge to shoot 9 rolls a month throughout the year.

12. Strombollii

Strombollii Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^Pentax ME, Pushed Ilford hp5 400>1600

[​IMG]

13. Nantucket Red

Another street portrait on Kodachrome 64, this time with a Leicaflex SL2 and 90 Summicron.

The lovely Hatsuno Goto, age 105.

[​IMG]

14. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

[​IMG]

15. Listi

Listi Senior member

Just stumbled across this thread. Love photography, but haven't done any for a few years. Hoping to start again after I get my bsc. [​IMG] [​IMG] Nikon FA, kodak 200 iirc, 35mm, processed/developed by myself.