1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Post your photography skills! (self-gloss)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JetBlast, Jan 9, 2007.

1. RickJ

RickJ Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Couple of mine. Both shot with a Canon 6D - 35mm f/1.4

5 people like this.
  2. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

3. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Not photos, but I finally built-out my rig. New Epson 3880 printer (they had better not release a successor anytime soon) and Apple Time Capsule to back everything up. Also, a Rototrim cutter. Lots to setup today.

4. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Do you have an online backup solution as well?

5. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Too expensive and cumbersome. It would take forever to upload stuff. Each of the RAW files from my scanner is 150mb.

6. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

[​IMG]

New York has been brutal this winter. From the Japanese Garden inside the BBG.

7. A Y

A Y Senior member

A couple of my favorites taken since my last post, both taken at my usual spot. I've also been shooting film, but I don't want to flood the thread with my pics, so I'll wait a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  8. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

9. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

10. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

11. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

A potter making pottery.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

A Y, I like the last example you posted a lot. Also, the shot of the tree in the vineyard on your Flickr is perfect.
    As for the underpass in your shots, is that Santa Barbara, by any chance?

Five recent shots that I like:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I picked up a Tamron SP 90mm 2.5 macro for both macro and portraiture, I am excited to use it this weekend. I also recently acquired a Canon FD 50mm 1.4 SSC and it is awesome (save for the fact it focuses in the opposite direction versus all the other lenses I own [excepting the Tamron]).

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    3 people like this.
  13. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Great.

(Just needs a tiny little rotation :))

2 people like this.
  14. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

Haha, that's what I get for using Upright. It was actually level before I corrected it in Lightroom. I have replaced it. Thanks! :embar:

1 person likes this.
  15. GregV

GregV Member

Been a few months since I've picked up my camera, kind of got tired of it after shooting nothing but motorsports for 5 years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. A Y

A Y Senior member

Thank you! Yes, it's Santa Barbara, where State Street passes under the 101 freeway. Good eye! Have you visited the area? The tree is at Firestone Vineyard, right outside their tasting room.

I was at Mammoth this weekend, and the snow was flying sideways! The Olympus E-M1 certainly lived up to its weatherproof spec: the camera was encrusted with frost, and just kept on going.

They shut the gondola down, so we had to take a snowcat down the mountain:
    [​IMG]

Another Saul Leiter wannabe photo:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    2 people like this.
  17. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

I enjoyed one afternoon of excellent snow this year.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

CDFS, gorgeous!

GregV, awesome lighting on the set of shots you posted.

I have only been there once, for some reason one of the photos just instantly reminded me of walking it.

I like the top photo from this weekend. Must've been pretty cool getting to take that up the mountain.

I had an awesome weekend, here is a shot I like:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    2 people like this.
  19. GregV

GregV Member

Thank you, to be honest I am better with photoshop than I am with photography [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You've got a lot of cool stuff on your flickr page, light and colors in this one stuck out. Hope you don't mind, but I was tempted to edit something other than a car for once.

1 person likes this.
  20. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

Thanks! I definitely like your edit better than mine. It was just a spontaneous shot and admittedly, not a very good one at that.

I received my Pixma Pro-100 printer about a week-and-a-half ago, and I must say, the results are quite humbling. It turns out that I use my monitor on too high of a brightness when editing, resulting in a lot of underexposed shots. I will be picking up a color calibration device in the near future. Thankfully, the colors at least seem to be what I had envisioned, and the quality is stunning.

I am not sure what DPI drugstores use, but I have never gotten as much detail in a store (I have never used a pro lab). The printer maxes out at 4800x2400 DPI, though the highest I have specified is 600 (and I am just leaving it to the printer, now). So far I have only used Canon papers (Luster and Photo Paper Plus Glossy II), though my Red River sampler arrived yesterday (I am just having trouble getting the ICC profiles to show up). All-in-all, it is totally worth the $100 (after rebate) that it cost me (including a 50 pack of 13x19 Semi-Gloss). I will also be testing out an ink refill kit (I have heard good things about Precision Colors) once I run a bit lower. Maybe a few 13x19s will help with that...