1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Post your photography skills! (self-gloss)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JetBlast, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I <3 that one with the sunset and the double decker

2. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Actually yes I do. I built a site using Wordpress as the core, made it ecommerce capable using Paypal as the payment gateway so no fancy SSL PCI compliant coding or nonsense required, real time USPS shipping quotes and so on. I just revamped the entire thing so it's a work in progress. If you're going to do it then do it right with your own domain and then find a good lab to work with for making your prints.

http://dysongphotography.com/

3. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

^Thanks, Crane's....that's a sharp looking page. I'll do some more looking into it when I get back....leaving on a week-long trip tomorrow.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Crane - what did you use for the wordpress install?

5. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

I presume you mean the top one? It's at the 'Afsluitdijk', on the bridge over the A7.

[​IMG]

Cornelis Lely
    [​IMG]

The bottom one is at a playground in Huiz[COLOR=FF00AA]u[/COLOR]m, Leeuwarden. Spelling is difficult when you are on the lookout for the po-po.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Anyone watch Mad Men? big time Leica product placement in last night's season debut. Rollei appearance as well.

7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

If I worked there I would've stolen a bunch! Don gave out that Leica M2 like it was nothing to an acquaintance/neighbor ;)

8. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Cool and thanks. Have fun wherever you're headed.

I have two Godaddy admin accounts and about 50 sites I admin. What I did was install the program directly from the hosting panel into a fully hosted domain. No bullshit sub domain or anything like that. I need full domain level access for some of the stuff I do or when I have to modify code. Anyway it's about as painless as painless can be. Is there anything specific you want to know?

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Yeah, what Wordpress plugin you used to get the visual effects on the site. Or the storefront. Etc. Do goDaddy use cPanel?

10. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

[​IMG]

:slayer::slayer::slayer:

2 people like this.
  11. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

[​IMG]

Was to vacation again but didn't shoot a lot and then also mostly on film.

12. cyclingdutchman

cyclingdutchman Member

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  13. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

CPanel is available in Godaddy. I admin sites with whatever it is they use as default. It looks cPanelish but I don't care what it is as long as it works.

The specific commerce plugin is Market Press. The general look of the site is controlled by a theme. In my case it's called Anan with some custom code cut into it. Beats the hell out of coding it all from scratch and themes are cheap or free.Other elements like the weather and so on are side bar widgets/plugins. I have something like 40 plugins on my site. Some you see some you don't. Out of the three CMS systems, wordpress, drupal and joomla, wordpress is by far the easiest to deal with. I "inherited" an online newspaper and it's drupal driven and we're thinking about bringing it back to life but first it needs to be converted to wordpress. Drupal is tolerable. Then there's joomla and well it just sucks. I'm currently building a new site for a client right now because the current site is using joomla as the CMS.

14. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

15. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

16. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

17. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

[​IMG]
    Not much of photo editor, I just shoot for fun when I have time from school. Maybe someone could point a thing or two here. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    One more haha.

18. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In honor of my being in Tokyo, some pix of the Imperial palace. Sadly, it's tough to get close enough for a clear shot from a good angle, so I did my best.

19. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

A77 or A99, A77 or A99? It took a while but I decided to go with an A77 with a 17-50mm f2.8 full frame lens. Now I have to wait for it to be delivered. This is going to be a long week.

20. Laurens

Laurens Senior member

[​IMG]

I'm this ghetto:

[​IMG]

Petty hard to get everything in focus do with an 7 year old compact camera that only allows adjustment of white balance and iso.

2 people like this.