• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your photography skills! (self-gloss)

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nice NOBD! I was doing the same shot the other day but with scotch tape lol. It turned out great :)

:) Would like to see it. This was one was 'taped' by Spiderman. If you look carefully, you can see the 'tape'.

Another view:

zwevendblaadje1zw.jpg

Last edited:

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of the floating leaf, I bet you can do more with the concept too!

Not feeling the self-portrait il ciclista.

From my side:

London Eye by npmeijer, on Flickr

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the idea of the floating leaf, I bet you can do more with the concept too!
Not feeling the self-portrait il ciclista.

I don't do concepts, I do images. :)

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heres my leaf, not as dramatic as yours but!

That's alright KAS, I'm usually hit or miss anyways ;) I'm trying to adjust exposure on this picture but by myself..which is a pain. Also been trying to get down the whole pastel dreamy/hazy effect but cant seem to nail it on portraits.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm back from vacation and except of a bazillion pics of family, friends and my godchild I'm sending money to every month I came out with two pics I like.

Coincidentally both are shot at 50mm even though one was done with the 24-105mm. I guess around 75% of my pics are done with the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM. Makes me wonder if I should perhaps change it for the Canon EF 50mm f/1.2 L USM or the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 HSM because both are supposed to be better.

Last edited:

Krp480

Reaction score
I miss my 50 1.2 :cry:. I think I might have to get another one... But I would rather have other lenses before I get another 50 1.2L. If you want the 50 1.2 it's great for it's colors I find that I didn't need to do that much editing to the pictures since the contrast was great and colors were amazing straight from it. But get the Sigma if you can't afford the 50 1.2 otherwise if you can definitely get it!

NOBD Sweet leaf ;) I was trying to find the string!

il, I like the portrait. I think the colors could have been done something different to it to make it a bit more dramatic but I like!

couple from me.

and an hdr just for the hell of it :)

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2nd and 3rd pictures are great. nice colors on those.

Yeah I'm still trying to achieve a certain style on my portraits..but for now I just make money on the really vibrant color photos. When i do find the niche I'm looking for i'll slowly migrate in that direction completely.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6408756119_cbca56eba3_z.jpg

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spectacular picture, Trini. Very nice; looks like an engraving. Are those just clouds or should I say goodbye to the world?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spectacular picture, Trini. Very nice; looks like an engraving. Are those just clouds or should I say goodbye to the world?

Cheers!

Just clouds, thankfully.

Sunburn

Reaction score
Hey guys, whilst not working on making leather belts etc, I have an obsession of taking photographs of the moon :) here are some of my shots, including a moon one for you guys to take a look at..

Moon Shots as seen from Worcestershire United Kingdom

Summer Evening

Evesham United Kingdom Balloon Festival

Barn Owl

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads