• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your photography skills! (self-gloss)

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Niet veel nee. Maar ik snap je gok.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
6202412807_c62c46a5a2_b.jpg

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, Moo. HDR? If it is, I like the subtle way you used the effect.

B/w version of the seascape with windmills I posted earlier:

windmolenszwartwit.jpg

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

Nice, Moo. HDR? If it is, I like the subtle way you used the effect.
B/w version of the seascape with windmills I posted earlier:
windmolenszwartwit.jpg

Thanks. It is not HDR - just a single frame, in RAW, processed through CS5. Leica has a nice dynamic range.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr. Moo nice shot..great placement of subject..what F stop? it seems a little fuzzy around the pump area is why I ask.

NOBD love the BW!
Krp, 1st shot is golden

I can't believe fall is upon us already!

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I'm not a good photographer, I really want to improve my eye and I don't really like tinkering with photoshop, mainly because I only have Microsoft Picture Manager on my computer.

Took these the other day, nothing at all to write home about, especially with what's in the thread. I do like the cat because you can see where he had part of his ear bitten off. Only shoot in A or Auto :)embar:). So yeah, any tips on how to have a better eye would be great. Often I kind of don't see anything worth taking pics of even though I know there's always something.
P1300794.jpg

P1300792.jpg

Should add the lapop I'm on is terrible for graphics so while these may have looked good on my camera, I have no idea how htey look full sized.

Last edited:

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think they look bad..you seem to have a good eye for beginning photography :) I'd say take it off A or auto and try messing with it some..also not sure if it was intended but the subjects look rather soft. I think it works in the first one..it seems to have focus right on it's back.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hmmm well...

I am going to the North Carolina Arboretum. Any tips, techniques or tricks I should try while walking in a bunch of woods?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads