• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your photography skills! (self-gloss)

alvina

Reaction score
I Came across this post. i love to see the post photograph by other.. Its really nice

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
seems both questions were one in the same. You don't need training other than getting a few books about how to operate your camera, maybe some on tips for taking the kind of shots you want to shoot. As far as equipment it'd be nice to have a camera with modes you can set your Aperture ( this is the A on nikons..not sure about others), shutter, and manual. This will allow greatest control over exposures and the amount of blur behind the subject. (You know like portraits that have the blurred background with the person really sharp?) After that it's a matter of taking lots and lots of pictures.

Krp480

Reaction score
Personally I would get rid of the bumps and blemishes on her face as well as the freckles on her neck. Just my opinion though. Also with the background I would go into PS and make it go away.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ugh, trust me I got rid of ALOT of blemishes, softened the skin a bit and so forth.The picture is going to be 1x2 inches so blemishes tend to go unnoticed. I agree on the BG on the 1st pic especially.

Krp480

Reaction score
Hahaha damn, honestly (and no offence if you are friends with her), she seems to have picked at some pimples leaving scars behind.. I guess if it is 1x2 then you will be safe but I personally like to make sure that stuff is all nice and done even if it will go unnoticed (I tend to try and perfect things). The 2nd BG is actually fine imo but yeah the first needs to be removed or fixed somehow the black dots are really getting the attention of my eyes.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Thanks for the kudos on my last shot, all! :)

il ciclista,

I reworked them very quickly, if you don't mind.

rjdqtl.jpg

i2vxh4.jpg

Last edited:

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Much better Mr. Moo!

A couple of obligatory tourist pics from London, my new home for the next couple of months. I didn't really have a set idea for today, so it's all sorts of things: street photography, HDR, remote controlled strobes - just enjoying myself! This is the first time I went shooting with my new Nikon d7k. I hope you like 'm! (these are just a few samples, there's more in the set)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/npmeijer/sets/72157627561269675/

Businessman, Phone booth and Taxi by npmeijer, on Flickr

Save the Sea by npmeijer, on Flickr

Phone booths and Bobby by npmeijer, on Flickr

London Sunset by npmeijer, on Flickr

Westminster and Big Ben by npmeijer, on Flickr

Last edited:

Krp480

Reaction score

Much better Mr. Moo!

A couple of obligatory tourist pics from London, my new home for the next couple of months. I didn't really have a set idea for today, so it's all sorts of things: street photography, HDR, remote controlled strobes - just enjoying myself! This is the first time I went shooting with my new Nikon d7k. I hope you like 'm! (these are just a few samples, there's more in the set)

London Sunset by npmeijer, on Flickr

AND THIS IS WHY I LOVE HDR DONE RIGHT! Simply fantastic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads