1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Post your photography skills! (self-gloss)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JetBlast, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Krp480

Krp480 Senior member

2. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Gents,

Any recommendations for either a good HDR Lightroom plugin or a standalone HDR program?

Took a couple of shots on my vacation with HDR in mind but have never actually attempted the process.

Cheers.

3. Krp480

Krp480 Senior member

4. EMY

EMY Senior member

5. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

6. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

7. Sonny58

Sonny58 Senior member

Nice shot! What's all that stuff on the grass in the middle of College Walk?

8. EMY

EMY Senior member

Those are flags for 9/11 victims.

9. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Working on another local model's port. Desaturated image of a wild colored outfit. She loves the look.

[​IMG]

And here's a proposed mag cover shot featuring non other than Danielle my now world famous assistant. This was part of the Gap Clothing shoot we did at Oak Glenn Winery in Hermann MO.

[​IMG]

And a shot taken by a photographer I'm mentoring at the Gap shoot. He was worried about whether or not he could pull it off. I kept telling him just go have fun and it'll all be good. He did and as the day progressed he pulled off some excellent group shots with the models in motion on the stage at the winery.

[​IMG]

10. EMY

EMY Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  11. dcg

dcg Senior member

A friend of mine would like to put together a look book with her sister modeling some vintage dresses, and has asked me to photograph it. I don't really have any experience with this type of photography. Any suggestions for resources online where I could read up on modeling photography specifically?

My gear:
    Canon 20D
    EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
    EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM
    EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
    EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
    Speedlite 580EX II

12. Kas

Kas Senior member

Strobist.com is great to be honest. Maybe a group on flickr?

13. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

14. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Mooi bij'tje! :)

15. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

16. Krp480

Krp480 Senior member

Dcg- how do you like the 70-200 f/4? I am debating if I should shell out the extra money (when I have it) for the f/4, f/2.8 or f/2.8IS. The images from the 2.8IS are incredibly sharp I mean beyond a doubt amazingly sharp. But I don't know if I could shell out $2k+ on a lens.

[​IMG]

17. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Couple of pics from my vacation. These were taken with the X100 for those who're interested. Ciick on the pic for the larger image.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  18. dcg

dcg Senior member

Thanks, I'll take a look...

It's excellent. Maybe the mk II version of the 2.8IS is *slightly* sharper when looking at test shots, but that's really splitting the thinnest of hairs - either is sharper than that vast majority of zoom lenses. I've seen people say they prefer the f4 due to the smaller size and reduced weight vs. the 2.8 - whether they're just trying to rationalize saving the money, I don't know. Haven't used the 2.8 myself, but for my money I'd rather put the difference towards another lens. Pretty steep price to pay for a single stop, unless you absolutely need it.

edit - just checked B&H; the price difference appears to be $1100+. For that amount of money, one could buy the 100mm f2.8L IS macro lens, or the 135mm f2L, or the EF-S 17-55mm f2.8 IS, or get most of the way to a 400mm f5.6L/300mm f4L IS/24-70f2.8L, or get the 85mm f1.8 + the 15-85mm f3.5-5.6 IS....you get the idea. :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  19. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

20. Krp480

Krp480 Senior member

Thanks for the answer! Well I gotta admit between the 2.8 AND f4, I would probably choose the 2.8. I know I would eventually be upgrading at some point in time to the 2.8 if I get the 4. I don't feel like spending the extra $1k for just IS. Although I know that if I do get the 70-200 it will be for either low-light indoor situations or for fast paced sports and the extra couple of stops would really help so I could use a faster shutter speed. I first should be saving up for the lens though :p! But I think it would be easier to know which lens I will be getting once I have the money saved up.

Luckily I have narrowed it down to the 24 1.4 or the 70-200 (still deciding which one I should get though), but that doesn't mean what I want won't change anytime soon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]