• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your five favorite bands and I will mock and generalize you.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heyheyhey
Hit me:

Muse;
Feeder;
The White Stripes;
Gorillaz;
The Strokes.

Not a bad list methinks.

Muse = Radiohead but shittier (and despite being logically impossible, slightly more pretentious.)
Feeder = The Pixies but shittier.
The White Stripes = MC5 but shittier.
Gorillaz = Dan the Automater, Kid Koala and Del but shittier.
The Strokes = The Velvet Underground but (way) shittier.

Your List = A good list but shittier

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was almost flattered by my first mocking and generalising. I feel like I've been let off / short changed. I'm seriously thinking of submitting a revised list, giving true insight to my soul.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Not my 5 favorites, but here for you anyway.

Last night I saw one show of a tour that had Anberlin headlining with Scary Kids Scaring Kids co-headlining. Opening up were There For Tomorrow and Straylight Run.

Mock and generalize me?

pstoller

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
The fact that Souljah Boy and Crime Mob have made more money individually then all of these artists combined has brought you to tears on more then one occasion.

More money than Stevie Wonder? I think not.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
two sets for insults and generalizations:
Old 97's
Descendents
the Stones when they were the best damn country-blues band on Earth (ie Beggars to Exile - bored by everything before and after)
Buzzcocks
Kristin Hersh (solo, Throwing Muses, 50 Ft Wave inclusive)

top 5 albums this year, no order:
Breeders - Mountain Battles
Raveonettes - Lust, Lust, Lust
Portishead - Third
Drive-By Truckers - Brighter Than Creation's Dark
The Dutchess and the Duke - She's The Dutchess, He's The Duke - http://www.myspace.com/thedutchessandtheduke

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
List is always changing and hard to limit to five but here are five I hold in high regard at the moment:

Binary Star
Deltron 3030
The Kinks
Gillian Welch
Elton John

tintindeo

Reaction score
1-NRBQ...2-The Beatles...3-Frank Zappa (entire career incl Mothers of Invention)...4- Mahavishnu Orchestra...5-Duke Ellington Orchestra ........come and get it,let it rip, bring on ur insights !!

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have more than 5 but here's 5 of my faves:

Stones
Beatles
Floyd
Wilco
Radiohead

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will our dear Bergdorf Goodwill come back to mock and generalise the newbies ?

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tintindeo
1-NRBQ...2-The Beatles...3-Frank Zappa (entire career incl Mothers of Invention)...4- Mahavishnu Orchestra...5-Duke Ellington Orchestra ........come and get it,let it rip, bring on ur insights !!
You own Philosophy of the World on vinyl and pretend to love it, while secretly you are glad not to own a record player so that you don't have to actually listen to it. You've long since given up on finding an attractive significant other that shares the same tastes in music. That wouldn't be a problem if music wasn't so important to you, but as it stands, you realize that you are sentenced to a life of empty and unfulfilling relationships, if not cold loneliness. Sorry to but in Magician, but this one inspired me.

tintindeo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
You own Philosophy of the World on vinyl and pretend to love it, while secretly you are glad not to own a record player so that you don't have to actually listen to it. You've long since given up on finding an attractive significant other that shares the same tastes in music. That wouldn't be a problem if music wasn't so important to you, but as it stands, you realize that you are sentenced to a life of empty and unfulfilling relationships, if not cold loneliness.

Sorry to but in Magician, but this one inspired me.

verry innerestin' ! i will holdback the evaluation of yr palmreading until Magician conjurs up his salvo ... yet i'm compelled to quote Ellington "Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one" ; yes Dedalus, perhaps u have the right string, but maybe the wrong yo'yo....enuf said for now

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads