Post your five favorite bands and I will mock and generalize you.

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, May 27, 2007.

1. xchen

xchen Senior member

Now if he could just fix your "W" squint and make you stand like a man, he'd be able to take on David Blaine.

Unfortunately, he's a magician, not a miracle worker.

[​IMG]

2. orthofrancis

orthofrancis Senior member

I could name just 5 bands that most haven't heard (White House, Sun O))))))))))))), Hasil Adkins,Lightning Bolt, Flipper, etc), but that would be no fun, so have at it....

Misfits
    Hank Williams
    Sigur Ros
    Husker Du
    AC/DC (Bon Scott era)

This list would be different on any given day, but these are some standbys for me.

3. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I could name just 5 bands that most haven't heard (White House, Sun O))))))))))))), Hasil Adkins,Lightning Bolt, Flipper, etc), but that would be no fun, so have at it....

Misfits
    Hank Williams
    Sigur Ros
    Husker Du
    AC/DC (Bon Scott era)

This list would be different on any given day, but these are some standbys for me.

Dude if you're going to namecheck Sunn O))), at least spell the name right.

4. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

I'll handle this one: You overuse the word "conceptual" and think Masami Akita is a genius, even though you haven't actually sat through an entire album of his. You have a shelf full of rare cassettes you bought off of eBay for at least $50 a pop that you never listen to. You once tried getting high off of cough syrup in college. You are a virgin.

5. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

Dude if you're going to namecheck Sunn O))), at least spell the name right.

You're slacking.

6. Nouveau Pauvre

You're slacking.

lol true. There will be a full mocking to come, give me a minute.

7. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

You've listened to "Chutes Too Narrow" alone more than all of those bands' albums put together. But it's cool. If it makes you feel better, I consider you a champ for having taste in music that extends from the typical Wapanese nerd.

Thanks for picking up my slack.

3k!

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

This thread has severely jumped the shark since Bergdord retired/died/imprisoned

9. Nouveau Pauvre

NO U

10. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

This thread has severely jumped the shark since Bergdord retired/died/imprisoned

Our new resident critic Magician is just warming up... and I believe he can do worse but wants to spare people's sensitivites.

11. Jef Costello

Jef Costello Active Member

John Mayer
    My Bloody Valentine
    Coldplay
    Albert King
    Kaizers Orchestra (Dunno if anyone have heard about them, but give them a try)

12. Nouveau Pauvre

Get Smart shamed me back in to action.
    My Chemical Romance The Killers The Beatles Led Zeppelin Bad Religion
    Sweetheart, I think it's adorable you listen to whatever bullshit corporate fluff station they have in Canada while you bake pies, but you should really stick to the edible confections.
    My girlfriend would like to be generalized: Miles Davis Afro-Celt Sound System Creedence Clearwater Revival Dire Straits Pink Floyd
    My biggest fear in life is becoming exactly like my aging father. Fortunately Augosto's girlfriend beat me to it.
    Biosphere The Orb Plastikman Higher Intelligence Agency The Future Sound of London [​IMG]
    You once spent over $100 bucks at a Prodigy show (Couldn't resist the vinyl and the t-shirt and a bottle of fiji...). You have a pair of genuine UNKLE dunks which sucks because now you have an overpriced memento of two dead subcultures.

13. Nouveau Pauvre

Can I submit two? This is the flavour of the month: Urthboy Mos Def T.Z.U Chromeo Fat Freddy's Drop
    Indeed.
    Can I submit two? This is what i was listening to last month: Wu Tang Clan Talib Kweli Frank Turner Masta Ace Van She
    And what everyone else was listening to in 1997.
    John Coltrane Sex Pistols Parliament Mobb Deep Nas
    You are blindingly caucasian. You're one of those people who buys those novelty sex books at Urban Outiftters or the Borders "edgy section (LULZ THE HANDJOB HANDBOOK IT HAS A BANNANA ON THE COVER - LIKE A CAWK LULZ)

14. Nouveau Pauvre

I could name just 5 bands that most haven't heard (White House, Sun O))))))))))))), Hasil Adkins,Lightning Bolt, Flipper, etc), but that would be no fun, so have at it.... Misfits Hank Williams Sigur Ros Husker Du AC/DC (Bon Scott era) This list would be different on any given day, but these are some standbys for me.
    Oh dear. You are one of those people uniquely qualified to decry gentrification because you happen to be causing it. You have trouble growing facial hair which is a source of embarrassment to this day. You drink free-trade coffee - but only when women are around. Protip: I've seen Lightning Bolt live more times then you've seen Fresh Prince of Bel Air reruns. No one's impressed.

15. Nouveau Pauvre

John Mayer
    My Bloody Valentine
    Coldplay
    Albert King
    Kaizers Orchestra (Dunno if anyone have heard about them, but give them a try)

I'm revoking your MBV card for putting them on the same list as John Mayer and Coldplay. (My "loveless tattoo" makes me fully qualified to do that)

What actually happened - did your girlfriend make you sit through "Lost in Translation," and then order you the soundtrack through Amazon's One Click (tm) Speed Order function?

Enjoy your Snow Patrol albums, you ponce.