• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your 2011 Fitness Goals

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll get things started: Vital Statistics: Sex: Male Age: 44 Ht/Wt: 5'6", 135lbs BF: ~ 10% Overall Goals: Strength and endurance Specific Goals: 142 lbs at sub 10% BF (that's about 7 lbs of muscle... we'll see) 15 strict dead hang pullups (currently at around 12) 5 strict dead hang pullups with +45lbs 75 strict pushups (currently at around 50) 3 standing ab rollouts (currently a wobbly 1) DB Bench Press 3 reps @ 1.3X BW Squat 1.5X BW 3 dips with +100lbs Run 4 miles under 28 min Run 6 miles under 45 min Workout Plan: Mon AM: Push and Core Mon PM: Run Tue AM: Pull Wed AM: GPP and Core Thu AM: Legs Thu PM: Run Fri: AM: Push and Core Fri PM: Intervals Sat AM: Pull Sun: Rest/stretching, etc. I hope to make it fun and interesting. Comments welcome!

rahimlee54

Reaction score
Do you have a diet plan made for this? What exercise program are you running it looks alot like GST, I read about on another forum.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rahimlee54
Do you have a diet plan made for this? What exercise program are you running it looks alot like GST, I read about on another forum.
My macros are 50P/30C/20F. I shoot for about 1800 calories which is about maintenance for me, and adjust by a couple of hundred calories up or down depending on intensity of cardio, etc. Basically, I use strength as a gauge for adjusting intake. Being vegetarian, it makes it challenging but I deal with it. My program is drawn from a bunch of sources - Ross Enamait is a leading influence and many of my core and GPP circuits are drawn from Infinite Intensity. I have also used various gymnastic progressions as some of my goals last year involved static hold metrics. Last year, I used splits based on strength routines (presses, etc.) and explosive strength routines (snatches, C&J, etc.) but I have decided to start this year on a more conventional push/pull modality. We'll see how it goes. My goals as I mentioned in the original post are largely based on bodyweight and "pound-for-pound" metrics. Hypertrophy is not desirable for me but I am targeting a 7lb increase in muscle that I think is a pretty challenging goal since I aim to drop bodyfat a bit as well. Let me know if there is something specific that I can elaborate on and I'll be happy to do so.

Dexx

Reaction score
My (6 foot hight) plan is to go down to 165 lbs again. Two years ago I was 210 lbs and managed to go down to 165 lbs until I had a ligament rupture over my ankle in summer. After half a year without much exercising and bloating to 180 lbs, I need to go down again. I hate feeling my stomach while sitting.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recomp and lean out to 10% BF at 175lbs, get 270/315/200 1rms on squat/dl/bench by Feb 1, then I gotta set some more goals

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
Wow ur maint is 1800? Mine is like near 2.5k to 3k...
And I'm 5ish'6 and 130

Ummm overall goals:

Balance muscle groups
Climb v10/11

Specific:
Perfect form dead hang oac
Or 2 oacs

Front lever 5 secs with perfect form

3-4 sets 8 rep bench @ 205 or equivalent 85 each arm for dumbells.

One leg squats w/o assist

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
Wow ur maint is 1800? Mine is like near 2.5k to 3k...
And I'm 5ish'6 and 130

How do you calculate that? You must be really young and considerably more active than I am (I use a Harris-Benedict multiplier of 1.5 or so)

My BMR (5'6", 135lbs, 44 yo) according to this site is 1446.

According to the Harris Benedict equation, for a moderately active lifestyle, my daily metabolic need comes to around 2000. I undershoot by a bit to start off and then adjust as I go along based on performance feedback.

Willie5566

Reaction score
Lose weight... a **** ton of it.
frown.gif

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late to the p90X party but I started it on 01/01. Goal for 2011 is to drop 10 lbs of fat (this would take me down to about 8-10% body fat). I've been lifting/running for a decade but this is the sort of workout I avoid/hate. Will be good for me as long as I don't eat 3K calories a day like I'm wanting to do after 3 workouts now.

junkyard_sal

Reaction score
Those are Good Goals
Here are mine.

Male (40+), 1.72m, 62kg

Meet the 100 point standards for Navy Seals Phsyical Fitness Standards
(currently about 75%+ of the way to accomplishing this goal)
100 push-ups in 2 minutes (chest, hips, and knees all touch the deck at the same time)
100 sit-ups
20 Dead Hang Pull-ups
1.5 mile Run under 10 minutes (will be willing to accept a less than 7.5 minute 2K row on the concept2)
I don't swim for ****

Strength Goals = Crossfit Total of 6x BW or better
Deadlift 3x BW (Long way to go with PR at 152kg)
Back Squat (ass-to-grass) 2x BW (Long way to go PR = 115kg)
Shoulder Press 1x BW (Already there, PR = 65kg)

O-lifting Goals (one year+ after wrist surgery):
Snatch 1x BW (Historic PR=75kg, current PR=55kg)
Clean and Jerk 1.5x BW (Historic PR=100kg, current PR=75kg)

Drop down to 60kg and sub 7% BF
If it happens it happens goal: Row 1,000,000 meters on the Concept2

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Nice goals! I'm close to a 1X BW Shoulder press - maybe I can get it this year.

Navy seal benchmarks are tough - how do you plan to incorporate training for them (as they are so specific) in with the rest of your more conventional gym goals? I have also thought about going after 100 pushups and 20 pullups but I haven't figured out structure a program that doesn't require me to drop more conventional goals.

junkyard_sal

Reaction score
I follow a Max-Effort Black Box for the slow lifts and the olympic lifts and mix scaled crossfit workouts I test once every two months. For example today was Max-effort Back squats 5,5,5,5,5,5 building to 85kg followed by 4x1000M intervals on the concept2 at 5 seconds per 500m faster than my 5K pace. Tomorrow will be a Tabata workout 8 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rests and 5 exercises--pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, unweighted air-squats, concept2 rowing for Kcal. 1 minute rest between each exercise. Wednesday will be 5k row followed by the crossfit WOD. . . . I was a devoted crossfitter until I found the MEBB program mixed with crossfit. It made me a faster bicycle racer, better O-lifter, better athlete....... I am fighting becoming an old man because I have a 1 year old daughter and I have a bit of vanity ;-) references: Coach Rut at http://www.bootcampfitnesskc.com/ Greg Everett et al at www.cathletics.com/ Robb Wolf at www.robbwolf.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics