1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Post workout meal

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by AntiHero84, Sep 18, 2008.

1. blank

blank Senior member

Post-workout: 50g whey, big scoop of ground flaxseed, water, but after learning the need for carbs, I'm going to add some steel cut oats to this as well.

Dinner: lately it has been baby spinach salad, any other veggies in the house, and a can of tuna on top. With a delicious lemon dressing.

I am seeing good muscle gain and strength gains.

2. Jared

Jared Senior member

Corn syrup won't replenish your glucose effectively. And most people don't deplete enoughy glucose in a workout to require huge replenishment PWO.

Why not? I'm talking about dark corn syrup, the kind that's 100% glucose. And I dissolve it in water before I drink it.

What ou cite above is pretty outdated (with all respect)- the fat/milk slowing digestion really isn't the issue people made it out to be either.

Yeah, I know the fat and milk thing is being increasingly challenged. I was aggregating the opinion of the entire Internets for the OP because I don't feel qualified to present a weighted aggregate.

I don't want to turn this thread into the same as every other workout thread, but it's a shame that scientific exercise studies aren't more plentiful...

3. ama

ama Senior member

Post-workout: 50g whey, big scoop of ground flaxseed, water, but after learning the need for carbs, I'm going to add some steel cut oats to this as well.

That must taste just awful...

I am a big fan of the Naked Juice protein shake, tastes great and has the right amount of proteins and sugar

4. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

What time do you work out usually? Are you able to go home to prepare and eat your meal after working out?

Ali

I usually work out directly after work, or after class. It takes about 20 minutes to get home afterward, so I try and eat as soon as possible. So yes, I have pleanty of time to to prepare and eat my meal.

5. Karl Pooper

Karl Pooper Senior member

Shake:
    Protein Powder 40g
    Dextrose 20g
    Maltodextrose 20g
    Peanut Butter 1 Tbs
    Milk 1 Cup
    Water 1 Cup
    Creatine 1 Tsp

6. zatarregaza

zatarregaza Senior member

Choc milk
    Toast
    Scrambled eggs with cheese
    Coffee

+1 on the chocolate milk. I'll have one of these right after finishing my workout. Being that it is liquid you absorb it right away, so that you don't catabolize the muscle you've already built. I then have a light high protein meal about 30 minutes to an hour later.

7. ken

ken Senior member

One medium size child. Blend.

8. whacked

whacked Senior member

One medium size child. Blend.

Free range?

9. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Free range?

I am so sick of you human rights advocates. It's just a child. Lock it up in a cage for all I care, as long as it's delicious. You know most of these children get to spend all day on their Xbox before they're slaughtered anyway, right? It's a better life than most children get in the wild.

10. lefty

lefty Senior member

I am so sick of you human rights advocates. It's just a child. Lock it up in a cage for all I care, as long as it's delicious. You know most of these children get to spend all day on their Xbox before they're slaughtered anyway, right? It's a better life than most children get in the wild.

[​IMG]

lefty

11. Saucemaster

^^That cat reminds me, I'm going to try to market a new diet and sell on the internet. It's sort of like the Paleolithic Diet, except I'm calling it The Apex Predator Diet. The basic gist is, if you eat like a jaguar, you'll look like a jaguar. I'm sort of worried that Ken has an advance copy, because in Chapter 4 I recommend blended children as a post-workout recovery shake. That can't be coincidence.

12. lefty

lefty Senior member

^^That cat reminds me, I'm going to try to market a new diet and sell on the internet. It's sort of like the Paleolithic Diet, except I'm calling it The Apex Predator Diet. The basic gist is, if you eat like a jaguar, you'll look like a jaguar. I'm sort of worried that Ken has an advance copy, because in Chapter 4 I recommend blended children as a post-workout recovery shake. That can't be coincidence.

Where the hell are we going to get jaquars?

Better solution:

[​IMG]

lefty

13. Saucemaster

Where the hell are we going to get jaquars?

Better solution:

[​IMG]

lefty

We don't eat jaguars, we eat *like* jaguars. That means increasing your anaconda and monkey intake, among other things. Dogs will do if necessary, though.

14. lefty

lefty Senior member

We don't eat jaguars, we eat *like* jaguars. That means increasing your anaconda and monkey intake, among other things. Dogs will do if necessary, though.

My mistake. Carry on.

[​IMG]

lefty

15. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

What would Jay Cutler eat? That's what everyone wants to know.

16. Saucemaster

What would Jay Cutler eat? That's what everyone wants to know.

I believe lefty has already convincingly answered that question.

17. william

william Senior member

Your training will have a bigger effect on results than whether you used maltodextrin or Lucky Charms after a workout...

Absolutely.

Check out bodybuilders from the early 1900's. They were big, strong and ripped with no protein powders or magic supplements. They just lifted a lot and ate a lot. And that's it.

18. whacked

whacked Senior member

Absolutely.

Check out bodybuilders from the early 1900's. They were big, strong and ripped with no protein powders or magic supplements. They just lifted a lot and ate a lot. And that's it.

Here's where beasty comes in, postspic of Jay Cutler, and declareseveryone should lift, eat, and live just to become carbon copies of Jay.