• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post the most outlandishly priced fashion brands items according to YOOX

poincare0

Reaction score
Today I am leaning towards this pearl: plain black wool trousers from Marc Jacobs-now yours for £300 ($475) but the original price is literally priceless £750 ($1200)
rotflmao.gif

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/MARC+JACOBS/dept/men/tskay/B84CE7A2/rr/1/cod10/36249205FT/sts/sr_men80

any takers?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's $245. You really need to find a new forum

It shows as £300 to me, which is most certainly not $245. That would usually be around $450 but current exchange rate puts it at $471.96.

Maybe the US site lists different prices for some things.

poincare0

Reaction score
It's $245. You really need to find a new forum

"you say potato i say potatoe"

I am in the UK and when i go to this URL it tells me what i told you

naturally this reveals how much yoox ***** with its customers. I think there is room for inter-country yoox arbitreurs.

on the other hand that nice barbera overcoat i bought yesterday for £220 is being offered on BS for $550 (£350). But that may just be a another greedy BSer trying to score

http://www.styleforum.net/t/279999/...40r-navy-topcoat-overcoat-80-wool-20-cashmere

Ps- oops i guess you jumped the gun a little

poincare0

Reaction score
It shows as £300 to me, which is most certainly not $245. That would usually be around $450 but current exchange rate puts it at $471.96.
Maybe the US site lists different prices for some things.

hey sanguis

you need to dash to E&R in camb- Sale is almost over (might even have finished today- closed on sunday)

while you say nothing fits you. since shirt ranges go from 15 to18 unless you are seriously deformed there must be something for you ( ok i admit they do not stock shirts with more than 2 arms so that maybe a problem for fen people-just kidding)

there also three C&J benchies at about £200 you may want to buy

Ps- now dont go all gay on me and start complain i am stalking you

poincare0

Reaction score
I am on multiple forums regarding a wide variety of interests

The fact that most people that post here do not share my views on things is nothing to be worried about.

I share some general interests and that is enough- also you take yourselves so seriously here that it all makes for good fun

this is one of the most narrow minded forums i have frequented though. Even when i was a member of the tall women fetish forum -arguably a narrow interest group- there was a little more give- some guys argued that tall and fat is not really tall, other guys said height is all that matters but we all got along

here is just straight laced folks or sharks

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am on multiple forums regarding a wide variety of interests

Even when i was a member of the tall women fetish forum -arguably a narrow interest group- there was a little more give- some guys argued that tall and fat is not really tall, other guys said height is all that matters but we all got along

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I'd like to hear more from poincare.

poincare0

Reaction score
dont try to flatter me Tate, you are still on my BS **** list

on the other hand since i have never bought anything from there it probably wont affect your financials too much
wink.gif

do you know that i once put a pair of cheaney shoes -whose msrp was on the $400s though truth be told they were not worth more than $230 and were obtained for $150) on "sale" in BS for zero $$s and there were no takers?

I just asked for 10/20 submissions in 30 days on why i should give it to them- not more than 5 members submitted.

That tells you a lot about SF and it is not that the members are rich- it is that they are vain and insecure (well 'and' is pretty much redundant here)

Then i have this dead blood/sanguis mortum character you claims to live in Cambridge like me but seems to be afraid of coming out of his house and lives as a recluse.I even invited him for a pint at a local pub but the guy shat his pants, Strange folks

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dont try to flatter me Tate, you are still on my BS **** list

on the other hand since i have never bought anything from there it probably wont affect your financials too much ;)

do you know that i once put a pair of cheaney shoes -whose msrp was on the $400s  though truth be told they were not worth more than $230 and were obtained for $150) on "sale" in BS for zero $$s and there were no takers?

I just asked for 10/20 submissions in 30 days on why i should give it to them- not more than 5  members submitted.

That tells you a lot about SF and it is not that the members are rich- it is that they are vain and insecure (well 'and' is pretty much redundant here)

Then i have this dead blood/sanguis mortum character you claims to live in Cambridge like me but seems to be afraid of coming out of his house and lives as a recluse.I even invited him for a pint at a local pub but the guy shat his pants, Strange folks

Hahahaha you're countbaron?

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What's the point of this thread? expensive designer item? Go to barney's new york you'll see plenty of them.

or just check-out Balmain, you can see a 12,000 dollar leather jacket or 1500 dollar distressed tee with holes.

Please, stop. You don't need to buy designers items, but there are people buying.

Designer clothing items are all about fashion. That's the price you pay for.

I have $6,750 YSL jacket and $1,500 Lanvin pants. So what?

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The most rational explanation is that perhaps he does not want to see you. Your inner sanctum recoils at his rejection, repeating over and over again "Oh my God, someone does not want to hang around me. He therfore must be a wierdo or be a socially backward ninny". If anything, his decision not to meet you is now verified as being the correct decision. It seems to me anyone that does agree with you or not tip toes around your precious ego, you have great difficulty accepting it.

People selling clothing for more than they bought it - perfectly reasonable! What do you suggest then? They sell at a loss?

Straight laced folks? So you want the forum to open up, discuss the pleasures of being rimmed, or talk about the night they got drunk before ambling to a shady nightclub, waking up next morning with aching balls, turning around, seeing a set of false teeth on the bedside table in a glass and then noticing a naked granny resting her head on their shoulder? There is a sub forum called Dumb Threads, that may be a more suitable place if you want to see less straight laced talk.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Straight laced folks? So you want the forum to open up, discuss the pleasures of being rimmed, or talk about the night they got drunk before ambling to a shady nightclub, waking up next morning with aching balls, turning around, seeing a set of false teeth on the bedside table in a glass and then noticing a naked granny resting her head on their shoulder? There is a sub forum called Dumb Threads, that may be a more suitable place if you want to see less straight laced talk.

We do this here. He just hasn't found the right threaks. Poin needs to do a search for Conne (among many others). :nodding:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads