• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Pictures of your Tattoos

trogdor

Reaction score
Just make sure your tattoo artist has a basic comprehension of apostrophe-use:
bad_tattoo.jpg
See here for some more classics: http://thelmagazine.com/lmag_blog/bl...__07160808.cfm

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure on tatoos if they were free I'd cover my whole body in them, but you have to pay for them and they're expensive.

Originally Posted by odoreater
Actually, come to think of it, I would probably be pretty happy if my kid's history teacher had tatoos because if he got the job in spite of the tatoos, he must have been at least somewhat more qualified than the guys without the tatoos, otherwise, the school certainly would have hired them.

Why? Would tatoos make someone a bad history teacher?

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trogdor
Just make sure your tattoo artist has a basic comprehension of apostrophe-use:
Don't overlook the crafty wordplay of misspelling "dealt" so close to the guy's delts!

Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Will the appeal of one's tatoo be the same at age 70 as it has in one's twenties?

Having a tattoo at that age shows that you're Frunk.

lost in va

Reaction score
About a week after I got it:

2ed41a3b-1.jpg

"Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing to attempt"

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MonkeyFresh
hmmm i see what your saying man, perhaps my whole forearm full of japanese symbols would be a bit douchey no? (not to worry I'm not judging you i love japanese culture too, closet otaku right here
lookaround.gif
) that would be pretty cool on my chest, perhaps something leaning more towards my left near my heart, i'll think of something new in the design
smile.gif
I was also thinking an eagle on my left shoulder since like i said I'm very proud of my eagle scout rank, tell me what you think of this idea:
my troops american flag is one of a kind, the eagle that sits on top our pole only has one wing becuase the other one chipped off, and its been in my troop forever, So i was thinking of perhaps getting a one winged eagle,with a a snake in its grasp, becuase I was born in the year of the snake
smile.gif
I beleive an eagle holding a snake is good luck or something like taht (atleast to the aztecs lol) what do you guys think?

As an Eagle Scout myself, I'm totally confused why you'd change the scout law from its original language to a language you don't speak. Tattooes are completely personal so do what you want but why not just keep it simple? A fleur de lis or even the Eagle rank badge.

MonkeyFresh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
As an Eagle Scout myself, I'm totally confused why you'd change the scout law from its original language to a language you don't speak.

Tattooes are completely personal so do what you want but why not just keep it simple? A fleur de lis or even the Eagle rank badge.

admittingly when i thought of my next tat it was right after i got my first so i was still on that tat parlor high lol, but now that you say it like that and after thinking about it, you are absolutely correct
i was thinking about the fleur de lis to, but i didnt even think of gettin the badge thanks!

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what annoys me more then meaningless ugly tattoos, are people who make up reasons and backgrounds for a meaningless ugly tattoo. everyone knows they got it because it was the in or cool lookin tattoo then, and people either bugged them, or they had free time and thought of a reason why it was SO meaningful to them!

MCsommerreid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
what annoys me more then meaningless ugly tattoos, are people who make up reasons and backgrounds for a meaningless ugly tattoo. everyone knows they got it because it was the in or cool lookin tattoo then, and people either bugged them, or they had free time and thought of a reason why it was SO meaningful to them!

Only reason to get tattooed is as follows: "It looks awesome!" delivered with exuberance and such.

No more of this "It was the 2nd Sunday of the month, and I was out in the hill country hiking through beautiful forests of trees with blades of sun splashing down through the canopy and mottling the ground with the motion of the leaves. The smell permeated my nostrils, and I could hear the woodland creatures frolicking about. That is when I had my epiphany, and vowed to cover my back with mer-men."

Unless, of course, somewhere therein is written: "And that was when the drugs began to take hold." Drug trips are also entirely acceptable reasons to get tattooed.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MCsommerreid
Only reason to get tattooed is as follows: "It looks awesome!" delivered with exuberance and such.

No more of this "It was the 2nd Sunday of the month, and I was out in the hill country hiking through beautiful forests of trees with blades of sun splashing down through the canopy and mottling the ground with the motion of the leaves. The smell permeated my nostrils, and I could hear the woodland creatures frolicking about. That is when I had my epiphany, and vowed to cover my back with mer-men."

Unless, of course, somewhere therein is written: "And that was when the drugs began to take hold." Drug trips are also entirely acceptable reasons to get tattooed.

MER MAN! MER MAN!!

its like "well i got this tribal tattoo, but its not just any tribal tattoo, because, like my friend, who broke his leg really liked them. so when he broke it, i got this for him. it means a lot to me."

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
MER MAN! MER MAN!!

its like "well i got this tribal tattoo, but its not just any tribal tattoo, because, like my friend, who broke his leg really liked them. so when he broke it, i got this for him. it means a lot to me."

how about this one - I was dating a relgious girl, and we broke up. I knew that there was a chance that I would backslide, but I knew that if I had a tatoo that it would be over completly, so I got one.

as to the one I got - well, I thought that it was totally awesome!!

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I found this before starting another thread...

Ok, so since I have a decent phone, I thought I would share some of my tattoo pics.

Outline:
Tattoo3.jpg

Filling in:
TatPic.jpg

Inner Arm:
Tattoo2.jpg

And Outer Arm (Apologies for the horrible lighting)
Tattoo4.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads