• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Pictures of your Tattoos

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Will the appeal of one's tatoo be the same at age 70 as it has in one's twenties?

Naw, some things are timeless:
525-armpit-tattoo.jpg

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well here is the ink that I've been telling myself I'd get the past 4 or 5 years, but haven't gotten around to yet:

100_0235.JPG

I'm undecided on location, I'm thinking about 6" below the neck, between the shoulders. I would want a stylized version of it, but I'm still undecided on exactly how it should look. It is the Manx triskelion; the associated Manx motto is 'Quocunque Jeceris Stabit', or 'wherever you throw it, it stands'.

tsloop

Reaction score
l2924985afb1674bb27f7ddcj6.jpg

New tat on my bicep right after I got it.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
Well here is the ink that I've been telling myself I'd get the past 4 or 5 years, but haven't gotten around to yet:

100_0235.JPG

I'm undecided on location, I'm thinking about 6" below the neck, between the shoulders. I would want a stylized version of it, but I'm still undecided on exactly how it should look. It is the Manx triskelion; the associated Manx motto is 'Quocunque Jeceris Stabit', or 'wherever you throw it, it stands'.

what is Manx? that is sicillian.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter

ok, I see, isle of mann.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus

100_0235.JPG

That's pretty cool actually.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter

Yes and no. The triskelion is on the Sicilian flag, but it's the legs w/ the medusa head in the center. The Manx triskelion is the one seen on the Isle of Man's flag:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triskelion

EDIT - n/m, saw that you caught it before.

Thanks CTGuy, I am a proponent of getting a tattoo that actually means something to you, and the triskelion is very representative of me. One of these days, I'll actually find some time and sit down to get it done.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
What the **** does a Rolex have to do with a tattoo?

Tramp stamps are awful...

What part of the analogy of what is a cliche don't you understand?

hisroadside

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MCsommerreid
What about punk rockers, ex-heavyweight boxers, Appreciation stars (strippers, i suppose), actors/resses, and those of us who want our own art that we've made put on us?

damn i knew I'd forgotten a few. I'm joking by the way, I actually like tattoos so long as they have some meaning to them, I'm not really into the funny tattoos or anything. but I do fall into the sailor category and its how I'm justifying mine once I've actually found something I like. I will prob opt for a non permanent though, does anyone have experience with those?

what I meant was thatwithin the categories I listed, Pretty much everyone of them has a tattoo as it is part of the cultural "heritage". not all boxers have tattoos, neither do all actresses or actors even pr0n ones. so I did forget punk rockers as it seems they all have tattoos and those who obviously want to tattoo themselves although I wouldnt describe this as a category of people.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MonkeyFresh
I have a tattoo of a cross on my right upper arm, its an image of the one my God father gave me for graduation, it means worlds to me, got it when i was in New Orleans
smile.gif

Im looking to get another tattoo though (actually a few of them on my forearms)
I just recently had my Eagle scout court of honor, and I really got to thinking how much boy scouting has really shaped me as a person, and I was thinking of getting on my forearms, the scout law in Japanese Kanji, but idk if thats going overboard... im thinking its something that would look nice, but has alot of meaning to me and would be a great reminder everyday to always follow what scouting has taught me. the scout law goes:
A scout is trustworthy, loyal helpful, friendly, courteous, kind obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.
I was thinking of getting 6 on each forearm, so both my arms would have the full scout law in Kanji on them
what do you guys think? I wouldnt just get a tattoo for the sake of getting one, it has to mean something to me, so yea, let me know your thoughts
and if you know someone who would be able to give me the Kanji for the scout law... its been hard trying to find the symbols and what not, and i dont want to get the wrong symbols inked on my arm... I saw a few sites online that charge for writing symbols but would cost me an arm and a leg to have 12 words done, and thats not even including the cost of the tattoo itself...
please help me out
smile.gif

If your going to go scouts code you've got to do it in english. It loses any and all quirky charm in douche bag *** speak (please note I am not a racist I find actual Japanese culture to be just fine
smile.gif
) That said it fits nicely into a genre and could be nice. Perhaps on your chest, off center a bit.

hisroadside

Reaction score
HOUSEOFSAVOYCOATOFARMS.JPG
house of Savoy, Id like to get this tattooed on my chest as I am a true Savoian.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
What part of the analogy of what is a cliche don't you understand?

The big difference being that a Rolex is much more classic and much more removable...an analogy needs to actually be anagulous.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiri_paulownia_crest.jpg
I would get this tattoo... but it would have to be done in non-permanent magic marker somewhere that clothes would cover.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads