Post Pictures of your Tattoos

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by jgammel25, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

2. nordicstyle

nordicstyle Senior member

What the fuck does a Rolex have to do with a tattoo?

They can both look tacky?

3. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

[​IMG]

Does your tat reference MD?

(+1 for Cable.)

4. GoodSense

GoodSense New Member

Naw, some things are timeless:
    [​IMG]

That is HILARIOUS!

5. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Does your tat reference MD?

(+1 for Cable.)

Ha, yes it does reference MD. I lived there since I was 3 and I just recently moved away. And anyone who has spent any time in MD knows, the flag is EVERYWHERE. It just seemed natural. Every now and then, I'll get a comment by someone who moved to LI from MD. It's nice to have that connection every now and then.

And thanks for mentioning the Cable poster. I liked his new series for a little while, but I dropped off. It sounds like the current arcs are getting better, but I'll wait for another crossover before giving the title a second shot.

6. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

While I've seen many tatoos that I gave props too, this musician has the only tattoos that I ever thought were completely stunning.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=31245501

I get the tattoos, and they are in good taste, and the lower back is a nice change from the now 'traditional' tramp stamp, but what is so stunning? She's only got the two lower back pieces and the triskelion on the right arm, right?

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

this will be the reason I don't buy any clothes for the next three months. I've waited on the list for another year and I'm going back to finish my half sleeve. Its Isaac Asimov inspired but the artist drew it with no reference.

[​IMG]

8. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Just came across this.

9. aflatau

aflatau Active Member

10. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

What does it read?

11. aflatau

aflatau Active Member

12. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I get the tattoos, and they are in good taste, and the lower back is a nice change from the now 'traditional' tramp stamp, but what is so stunning? She's only got the two lower back pieces and the triskelion on the right arm, right?
    They're simple, they are an elegant combination of the familiar (F-holes) in an unfamiliar way (a basis for art), they complement each other (curves on curves), and they instantly and clearly tell a story about her. So many tattoos are a mishmash of themes and designs. They are often complicated, lack a common theme (beyond the wearer's desires), and do not tell a story well. All of that is fine, but she chose a different path, and did it very well. Because of that, I thought they were stunning. ~ H

13. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

forgiving
    I mean no disrespect as I'm merely curious but are you Jewish with living grandparents? The reason I ask is that I've had a number of Jewish exes and when the subject of tattoos ever came up they all said how adamant their parents, mostly because of their grandparents, were against tattoos because of the Holocaust. I'm piecing together different sources here but that getting tats in general wasn't exactly condoned in the faith and done with Hebrew letters doubly so. Personally, I see it from the two sides: Hebrew characters are incredibly symbolic but tattoos in general have such a negative history attached to them. Anyways, like I said, I'm only curious.

14. kaxixi

kaxixi Senior member

forgiving

It does? Shit, not in my vocab.

I mean no disrespect as I'm merely curious but are you Jewish with living grandparents? The reason I ask is that I've had a number of Jewish exes and when the subject of tattoos ever came up they all said how adamant their parents, mostly because of their grandparents, were against tattoos because of the Holocaust. I'm piecing together different sources here but that getting tats in general wasn't exactly condoned in the faith and done with Hebrew letters doubly so.

Personally, I see it from the two sides: Hebrew characters are incredibly symbolic but tattoos in general have such a negative history attached to them.

Anyways, like I said, I'm only curious.

Tats are forbidden (Leviticus 19:28), in addition to associations with the Holocaust. But they're increasingly common among young, secular Jews.

15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Here's my dream tattoo:

[​IMG]