1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Post Pictures of your Tattoos

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by jgammel25, Jul 18, 2008.

1. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Where in NYC do you go, or would you suggest? I'll be there this weekend and wouldn't mind getting something done.

Did you?

2. lost in va

lost in va Senior member

Did you?

Sorry, I meant next weekend. I'll be there the 13th - 15th and I'll probably go talk to some of the guys at the shop you talked about, see if we can get something set up. I'm willing to drive the 6+hrs for a good artist. With as many military bases as we have around here artists can charge a fucking arm and a leg and it sucks.

3. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

[​IMG]

What is the "cellar door" reference?
    Umm, actually now that I'm thinking about it, is it as dirty as I'm imagining?

4. lost in va

lost in va Senior member

What is the "cellar door" reference?
    Umm, actually now that I'm thinking about it, is it as dirty as I'm imagining?

I thought most everyone knew about the whole "cellar door" reference but if not: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellar_door

What's on either side of the "cellar door" I have no fucking clue.

5. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

I thought most everyone knew about the whole "cellar door" reference but if not: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellar_door

What's on either side of the "cellar door" I have no fucking clue.

It's "cellar door" in the 3 languages of Tolkien's world. Elvish, Common (English) and Dwarven runes.

6. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Nope, no clue but thanks. Certainly better than what I had in mind.
    The writing on either side looks like either Elvish in the Tolkien sense or some nordic style rune work.
    SoCal, care to chime in?

edit: I see you are a Tolkien dork as well. Nice, I'm actually reading it to my 8 year old right now.

7. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

The writing on either side looks like either Elvish in the Tolkien sense or some nordic style rune work.
    SoCal, care to chime in?

It's "cellar door" in the 3 languages of Tolkien's world. Elvish, Common (English) and Dwarven runes.

See above

8. lost in va

lost in va Senior member

I almost figured it would be something close to that but didn't want to guess and look stupid.

9. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

SoCal, care to chime in?

edit: I see you are a Tolkien dork as well. Nice, I'm actually reading it to my 8 year old right now.

I've had this for about a year:

[​IMG]

10. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Sorry, I meant next weekend. I'll be there the 13th - 15th and I'll probably go talk to some of the guys at the shop you talked about, see if we can get something set up. I'm willing to drive the 6+hrs for a good artist. With as many military bases as we have around here artists can charge a fucking arm and a leg and it sucks.

http://www.savedtattoo.com/

Michelle is who did my palm trees and the recent Tolkien stuff. If you look at her portfolio on the 1st image with the branches is sort of what I want to base my shoulder/chest/arm off of.

Cherry blossom, lotus, chyrsanthemum
    Similar to:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

I've had this for about a year:

[​IMG]

The one piece of Elvish script I actually can read (or at least have memorized)

On your chest piece the writing on the right is the Feanorian characters right? the Same used around the gates of Moria? (yes I am a fucking dork and I did just check my book)

Any way, nice tat.

12. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

The one piece of Elvish script I actually can read (or at least have memorized)

On your chest piece the writing on the right is the Feanorian characters right? the Same used around the gates of Moria? (yes I am a fucking dork and I did just check my book)

Any way, nice tat.

The Elvish is "Tengwar" and the version/script is Quenya which is closest to the Gates of Moria font. The One Ring cursive Elvish script is Tengwar Feanorian. The dwarvish is "Cirth Erebor".

13. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

They're simple, they are an elegant combination of the familiar (F-holes) in an unfamiliar way (a basis for art), they complement each other (curves on curves), and they instantly and clearly tell a story about her. So many tattoos are a mishmash of themes and designs. They are often complicated, lack a common theme (beyond the wearer's desires), and do not tell a story well. All of that is fine, but she chose a different path, and did it very well. Because of that, I thought they were stunning. ~ H
    It's based on a really famous picture by Man ray. So yes, it is art. But I find the implications of her tattoo funny, since the original picture in a way suggested that women were a hobby. http://media.photobucket.com/image/%...da/man-ray.jpg

14. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

Heres mine

[​IMG]

What is the name of this font?

15. chuckseabreeze

chuckseabreeze Senior member

What is the name of this font?

times "fail" roman

1 person likes this.
  16. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

17. classic_girl

classic_girl New Member

i have no comment about the tattooos embeded on body.in my point of view, i don't like tattoo because the culture of my country.if they see a man or woman with tattoo, they don't think he or she is kindly people

18. Geste

Geste Senior member

19. youalreadyknow

youalreadyknow Senior member

Heres mine

[​IMG]

obvious troll is obvious

20. willpower

willpower Senior member

When I see a tat on someone I automatically deduct 40 IQ points.