• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Post Pictures of your Tattoos

trogdor

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
521
Reaction score
0

jml90

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
1,595
Reaction score
0
I'm not really sure on tatoos if they were free I'd cover my whole body in them, but you have to pay for them and they're expensive.

Originally Posted by odoreater
Actually, come to think of it, I would probably be pretty happy if my kid's history teacher had tatoos because if he got the job in spite of the tatoos, he must have been at least somewhat more qualified than the guys without the tatoos, otherwise, the school certainly would have hired them.

Why? Would tatoos make someone a bad history teacher?
 

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
1,229
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by trogdor
Just make sure your tattoo artist has a basic comprehension of apostrophe-use:
Don't overlook the crafty wordplay of misspelling "dealt" so close to the guy's delts!

Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Will the appeal of one's tatoo be the same at age 70 as it has in one's twenties?

Having a tattoo at that age shows that you're Frunk.
 

lost in va

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2007
Messages
695
Reaction score
0
About a week after I got it:




"Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing to attempt"
 

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
18,145
Reaction score
188
Originally Posted by MonkeyFresh
hmmm i see what your saying man, perhaps my whole forearm full of japanese symbols would be a bit douchey no? (not to worry I'm not judging you i love japanese culture too, closet otaku right here
) that would be pretty cool on my chest, perhaps something leaning more towards my left near my heart, i'll think of something new in the design
I was also thinking an eagle on my left shoulder since like i said I'm very proud of my eagle scout rank, tell me what you think of this idea:
my troops american flag is one of a kind, the eagle that sits on top our pole only has one wing becuase the other one chipped off, and its been in my troop forever, So i was thinking of perhaps getting a one winged eagle,with a a snake in its grasp, becuase I was born in the year of the snake
I beleive an eagle holding a snake is good luck or something like taht (atleast to the aztecs lol) what do you guys think?

As an Eagle Scout myself, I'm totally confused why you'd change the scout law from its original language to a language you don't speak. Tattooes are completely personal so do what you want but why not just keep it simple? A fleur de lis or even the Eagle rank badge.
 

MonkeyFresh

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2008
Messages
267
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by whodini
As an Eagle Scout myself, I'm totally confused why you'd change the scout law from its original language to a language you don't speak.

Tattooes are completely personal so do what you want but why not just keep it simple? A fleur de lis or even the Eagle rank badge.


admittingly when i thought of my next tat it was right after i got my first so i was still on that tat parlor high lol, but now that you say it like that and after thinking about it, you are absolutely correct
i was thinking about the fleur de lis to, but i didnt even think of gettin the badge thanks!
 

West24

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2007
Messages
3,959
Reaction score
11
what annoys me more then meaningless ugly tattoos, are people who make up reasons and backgrounds for a meaningless ugly tattoo. everyone knows they got it because it was the in or cool lookin tattoo then, and people either bugged them, or they had free time and thought of a reason why it was SO meaningful to them!
 

MCsommerreid

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2006
Messages
497
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by West24
what annoys me more then meaningless ugly tattoos, are people who make up reasons and backgrounds for a meaningless ugly tattoo. everyone knows they got it because it was the in or cool lookin tattoo then, and people either bugged them, or they had free time and thought of a reason why it was SO meaningful to them!

Only reason to get tattooed is as follows: "It looks awesome!" delivered with exuberance and such.

No more of this "It was the 2nd Sunday of the month, and I was out in the hill country hiking through beautiful forests of trees with blades of sun splashing down through the canopy and mottling the ground with the motion of the leaves. The smell permeated my nostrils, and I could hear the woodland creatures frolicking about. That is when I had my epiphany, and vowed to cover my back with mer-men."

Unless, of course, somewhere therein is written: "And that was when the drugs began to take hold." Drug trips are also entirely acceptable reasons to get tattooed.
 

West24

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2007
Messages
3,959
Reaction score
11
Originally Posted by MCsommerreid
Only reason to get tattooed is as follows: "It looks awesome!" delivered with exuberance and such.

No more of this "It was the 2nd Sunday of the month, and I was out in the hill country hiking through beautiful forests of trees with blades of sun splashing down through the canopy and mottling the ground with the motion of the leaves. The smell permeated my nostrils, and I could hear the woodland creatures frolicking about. That is when I had my epiphany, and vowed to cover my back with mer-men."

Unless, of course, somewhere therein is written: "And that was when the drugs began to take hold." Drug trips are also entirely acceptable reasons to get tattooed.


MER MAN! MER MAN!!

its like "well i got this tribal tattoo, but its not just any tribal tattoo, because, like my friend, who broke his leg really liked them. so when he broke it, i got this for him. it means a lot to me."
 

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
20,607
Reaction score
399
Originally Posted by West24
MER MAN! MER MAN!!

its like "well i got this tribal tattoo, but its not just any tribal tattoo, because, like my friend, who broke his leg really liked them. so when he broke it, i got this for him. it means a lot to me."


how about this one - I was dating a relgious girl, and we broke up. I knew that there was a chance that I would backslide, but I knew that if I had a tatoo that it would be over completly, so I got one.

as to the one I got - well, I thought that it was totally awesome!!
 

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2008
Messages
2,450
Reaction score
71
I'm glad I found this before starting another thread...

Ok, so since I have a decent phone, I thought I would share some of my tattoo pics.

Outline:


Filling in:


Inner Arm:


And Outer Arm (Apologies for the horrible lighting)
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
425,917
Messages
9,159,192
Members
192,384
Latest member
rohitverma87

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top