• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Pictures of your Tattoos

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

did a good bit today. keeping it like this for at least a few weeks, then will think about basic background options.

Looks great man. Had some shading done on my side a week and a half ago:

4BE6BB8A-77B2-4B0E-9267-B1A6A456BDA5_zpsfg3fsik7.jpg

As far as we could get before my skin started twitching too much.

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting this bit done in early March. It's gonna suck :(

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Freehand sharpie by my tattoo artist earlier today. The whole thing hurt a hell of a lot less than I was expecting.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

did a good bit today. keeping it like this for at least a few weeks, then will think about basic background options.

I'm not a big tattoo fan and just stumbled on the thread, but this is quite beautiful

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This looks dope af gomebrah. What style is this called? I really like it vs the others I see on this thread.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
not sure if it's a specific style, but it's adapted from some old Japanese watercolor paintings that I have (but instead of birds from Japan, they're birds that were/are always at the feeders at home in Upstate NY). Not sure how easy it is to tell from the pic, but each bird is done in a slightly different style: the inner arm looks like it was painted on, the top looks very sharp and direct, while the back of the arm is a little bit cartoon-y. The only "style" typical from the paintings that the artist didn't think would turn out nice was the very blotted style that you sometimes see - would have been tough to translate and incorporate into the other types of birds.

overall, I let the artist just do her thing. I had the painting references, and (pretty much) knew the types of birds to include, and that's just about all the input I wanted/needed to give.

MntKing

Reaction score
I have actually gotten some great ideas for future tats here.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't have any tattoos but i'm more open to the idea now than i've ever really been...

i complimented this guy on his tattoo earlier, it was the zia sun in green with a hummingbird over it. i was like oh isn't that from the new mexico flag and he got i think a little flustered and started basically bullshitting me about what it meant and it became clear that he had no clue what he had had written on his body. funny part was that he was relieved i didn't think it was the mockingjay symbol from hunger games lol.

i dunno? maybe i'm the jerk for quizzing him on his ink but really i'm just very curious about things like that. i guess some folks probably sweat the textual meaning, cultural significance, etc etc and some don't. that's cool.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I've finally found some inspiration for a tattoo design / theme. Going to sit on it for a couple weeks.

Pretty excited!

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Was laying in bed in my room at my parent's place during the day and looked out my window. We're right next to this small body of water and all I can see are tall trees swaying against the wind.

The bright blue sky as the backdrop and the gentle brushing and swaying of the leaves was so damn zen and made me feel at peace. Brought me back to my days as a kid where we'd lay down on hills and watch the sky. Leaves rustling in the background and just being fully present in the moment. Very peaceful.

I'm going to try to get something that captures that feeling: tall, leafy trees swaying in the wind against a blue sky backdrop.

Kinda sounds cheesy but I really like it. I'm a little wary about the use of green and blue ink as I hear that colors fade over time, so we'll see.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
nice. where on the bod?

my wife's back piece (from midway down back up to about mid neck) is a tree. Don't have a pic on me, but the artist did a cool thing to get the green leaves on. Looks kind of like they were blotted on with a brush.

if you need a good shop, this is where we go:
https://www.instagram.com/saved_tattoo/?hl=en

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nice. where on the bod?

my wife's back piece (from midway down back up to about mid neck) is a tree. Don't have a pic on me, but the artist did a cool thing to get the green leaves on. Looks kind of like they were blotted on with a brush.

if you need a good shop, this is where we go:
https://www.instagram.com/saved_tattoo/?hl=en

I've always been fascinated by sleeves, so thinking a half-sleeve for starters. Back could be interesting, but I'd like to be able to see my tattoo more easily.

Cool coincidence that your wife has a tree tattoo -- would love to see it but obviously understand the potential sensitivity around it.

I haven't gotten so far as to look at shops yet but I've heard good things about Bang Bang in NYC. $$$$ of course.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads