• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Pictures of your Tattoos

boo

Reaction score
I say bad idea.

1) you don't know if your artist will be able to render it in a way that it will remain scannable (I don't know what kind of tolerances are required)
2) assuming the artist gets it right, I question how long it will remain scannable before age takes it's toll. A scannable qr code is going to have a much shorter life than a specific shape that only need be recognizable to the human eye.
3) I think most people don't even know what a qr code is (this may or may not matter to you). By the time they become common knowledge, see #2.

All IMHO

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made a T-shirt of my BBM QR code for fun. It's scanable, but no one really gives a ****. I wouldn't do it.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Google image search "worst tattoos" = lulz

best tramp stamp / california license plate ever:

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on a tattoo now. I've got a couple, but my back is still free, as is my chest and one arm. I can't decide on whether to do several smaller ones, which individually mean more to me, or a larger more ornate one. The ornate one wouldn't happen for a couple years, as I'd have to devise a design, and then keep it for a year or more, to make sure I would not grow tired. The smaller ones have been thought about for several years, my only hesitancy is that their application would not allow any future large designs. I don't want an ad hoc look (a random assortment of tattoos covering me, with no regard to an overall theme/pattern, excepting they're all in black and white). Tough choices.

This guy has what I hope to avoid... perhaps each tattoo is meaningful to him; but together they seem very haphazard, with no regard for an overall aesthetic.

This guy on the other hand, does it correctly. Not the choice of tattoos per se, but the semblance of unity throughout the entirety, despite a diverse range of tats, and lacking symmetry.

Thoughts on how I should go ahead?

D Yizz

Reaction score
Retouch of my first tattoo after almost 17 years:

Before:

After (already healed):

I'm planning on adding more details around it soon, in order to cover more of the shoulder blade.

PD: I know the bio hazard symbol is looked as an ordinary tattoo, but to me it has special significance, because it attracts me since I was a little kid, long before the band and before it became an "ordinary" tat.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First part of this finished last night...
IMG_4088.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By spring I'll have San Sebastiano and San Antonio holding up each end of this. Its the collar for the Order of San Januarius (San Gennaro). Along with being the patron saint of Naples (great ******* story behind what his relics were able to do on numerous occasions when Vesuvius threatened the city) its the last Catholic Heraldic order, associated with the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies.

boo

Reaction score
Pretty interesting. I'd love to see it as it progresses. Under the collarbones and center mid chest have to be some of the worst places for me to get tattooed. I remember when I was getting upper mid chest done, I could have sworn that the guy was doing my neck and remembered how my throat kept vibrating.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Pretty interesting. I'd love to see it as it progresses. Under the collarbones and center mid chest have to be some of the worst places for me to get tattooed. I remember when I was getting upper mid chest done, I could have sworn that the guy was doing my neck and remembered how my throat kept vibrating.

I'm pretty good with pain, having suffered some pretty traumatic injuries at points in my life, but this was up there with the best of em. The center part of this was intense.

D Yizz

Reaction score

By spring I'll have San Sebastiano and San Antonio holding up each end of this. Its the collar for the Order of San Januarius (San Gennaro). Along with being the patron saint of Naples (great ******* story behind what his relics were able to do on numerous occasions when Vesuvius threatened the city) its the last Catholic Heraldic order, associated with the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies.

Thanks for the explanation. Looking good. Where will the saints be located?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks for the explanation. Looking good. Where will the saints be located?

Haven't decided yet, will talk to my guy and see what he thinks. May have them on my chest or shoulder...Sebastiano has some cool imagery as he was shot with arrows (and survived only to be clubbed to death) and is depicted in a lot of religious art full of arrows (we (lapsed)Catholics are a sunny bunch!) and I'll have my grandfather's face be the face of Antonio (he was Antonio himself).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads