1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Post Pictures of your Tattoos

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by jgammel25, Jul 18, 2008.

1. SmellyFeet

SmellyFeet Well-Known Member

You should check out Shige at Yellow Blaze. His studio is in Yokohama but I guarantee you it is well worth the trip. I advise you to make an appointment before you go.
    This is their website. ( http://www.yellowblaze.net/ )

2. amathew

amathew Senior member

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Hey man, from experience, DO NOT walk into a tattoo parlor with cash if you are not sure what you want. I make it a mandate that I go to a paror once I make up my mind WITHOUT money, then go back a gain a few weeks later to give myself time to make sure I'll get what I really want...and even still I have some regrets.

4. amathew

amathew Senior member

Thanks.

The only other time I thought about getting a tattoo was two or three years ago when I wanted to get a big straight edge X on my leg. I ended up not getting it and a month later started drinking. um, glad I didn't' get that. Of course, I am back on the straight and narrow so maybe this time that could be an option.

5. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

I am of the opinion that whatever you get, it should mean something to you. Something that will mean a lot to you for the rest of your life, and not something you're just into right now.

6. volatile

volatile Senior member

7. mcfly26

mcfly26 Senior member

any good reccommendation of studios in London??

8. volatile

volatile Senior member

Plenty. London's got more world-class tattooers than ever these days. What kind of work are you after?

9. mcfly26

mcfly26 Senior member

old school alike. rose, humminbird, phoenix something like these.

10. volatile

volatile Senior member

Hummingbirds and phoenixes aren't very old school - more Japanese-esque.

If you want old-school, as in traditional, old-looking, simple, Amerciana

Matty D'Arzenio at Into You
    Emiliano and Stefano at Frith Street
    Xam at Family Business
    Bob Done at Magnum Opus (Brighton)
    Ronnie at The Circle
    Phillip Yarnell or Will Hutton at AKA London

If you want more elaborate Japanese-esque stuff with a traditional vibe to it:

Tutti Serra or Rodrigo Suto or Crispy Lennox at Black Garden
    Claudie DiSabe at Jolie Rouge
    Ian Flower at New Skool Tattoo (Essex)
    Amy Savage, Jayne Doe (Hornchurch)

You're spoiled for choice, basically! :-D

1 person likes this.
  11. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

One of these days, I'd like to get tattooed by Jordan at Frith Street. He's doing some truly amazing traditional work.. If I can ever make the logistics work that is.

12. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

This was done about 3 years ago. It took around 5 to 6 hours within 2 sittings. 2 of my buddies, including my best friend, have the same piece. But mine was the original! After its completion, my artist added a few minor details on the coffin.

[​IMG]

PS. please don't quote or respond to the trolls. Let their comments be and keep posting works of art!

2 more pictures coming later today!

1 person likes this.
  13. barrelntrigger

I've found a few pictures of some outline of my ink and the finished product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I can't seem to find any pictures of my 1/2 sleeve...[​IMG]
    Anyhow, I work in a conservative field. So 1/2 sleeves is all I'm planning on doing. Nothing visible while I'm in my work clothes. The chest piece took about 25 hours back in 2009 while the 1/2 sleeve took about 13 hours back in 2005. I plan on finishing my other 1/2 sleeves maybe within the next 2 years. I've since cut my hair and cleaned up my room. lol [​IMG] Also, since then, I finished college and started my career. So in short, do I regret any of my art work?! HELL NO! Have you seen my artwork, son?! It's artistic, tasteful, and beautiful! (Didn't mean to sound like a douche. lol But I'm calling it as I see it). I look at it this way, I appreciate art so much that I'm willing to own it and carry it on my body where ever I go, and marvel at its beauty whenever I want! My body is a canvas so paint me a painting!

Anyhow, what surprised me was my Asian parents were actually ok with this. WHAT?!

Also, one of my co worker who happens to also be Asian, finished his full suit about 2 years ago! He is covered from collar bone down to his ankles a la Japanese yakuza irezumi.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  14. SmellyFeet

SmellyFeet Well-Known Member

this is awesome

15. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Immaculate heart..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  16. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Looks great Gnat

17. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Thanks man. He killed it with this one.

18. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Tattoos are a funny thing. Most people I've asked about their tattoos tell me that they're personal, meaningful and taken 'for myself'. Yet as soon as a new image is finished, they add a picture of it on FB, Twitter, a forum, whathaveyou or at least rush off to show this to their friends and family. 'Look what I took for myself!' They are personal, yet meant to be seen. I have never heard of a person trying to hide a tattoo with all ways possible.

19. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Senior member

A tattoo is personal. Just like clothes style.

For me, my tattoo is an expression of who I am and what I stand for.

Now, when it comes to FB, I have no idea why people use this... I think it's downs right attention whoring... but I hear that people even update which McDonalds location they are at, so posting their tattoo is much more heavy. Well, only if you discount wannabes. And trust me, they are easy to spot.

20. barrelntrigger

When I buy a new painting that I'm proud of, I like to take photos of it and upload them onto Facebook or other mediums. Just because I wanted to share the photos with others doesn't mean I always know what the artist's original intent was for painting it nor do I really care to always explain my personal interpretations to the viewers. Their interpretations are just as valid as mine. I, personally appreciate the aesthetics of vibrant colors and details of tattoo art. If I'm in the mood and feeling comfortable with the person who is asking for the meaning of my artwork, I would spend a few minutes to explain to them. But it does get tiring or annoying to repeat the same thing to different people. So, sometimes, I would simply just say, "The meaning of my tattoos could be whatever you want them to be" if I'm feeling polite just to brush them off especially if it's a stranger asking. I try to be mindful that tattoos are personal and asking the meaning behind them isn't always polite. Would you ask a random gang member what their ink represents? Maybe sometimes you could get away with it without any scrapes or bruises. But I try to avoid that in order to avoid a potential beat down. Over the years, I've learned to just appreciate tattoos for what they are, artwork underneath the skin.