Post pictures of cars that you like.

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by username79, Apr 18, 2010.

1. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

2. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

2011 Lotus Elise:

[​IMG]

3. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

2011 Lotus Elise:

[​IMG]

And it's foo-sized too! [​IMG]

4. epb

epb Senior member

Fiat 124 Spider

Designed by Pininfarina (some say loosely modeled around the Ferrari 275 gtb) and to me, one of the most beautiful cars ever produced...

A very simple, quick, top down driving experience.

I had one of these when in my 20s and loved it; annoyed the hell out of everyone by jauntily springing over the door to get in. It's damned hard to find a good one nowadays - I checked around before buying my Solstice last month and saw nothing but rust, bondo, tales of deferred maintenance and bodges. A buddy of mine has two languishing in his garage in various stages of restoration, and I didn't want to go down that road. Great fun when they're good - revvy, with great steering and decent handling.

5. kruze

kruze Senior member

Yeah, isn't it awesome? Lister took a Jaguar XJ-S and offered a variety of modifications, from trim-only mods, to engine and suspension mods. A full-house version, like that blue one (really, they are very rare) was around 200,000 GBP. Nowadays they sell in the 30-50k GBP range, but are still hard to find (though I see two sold just recently, and a red one is for sale). I particularly love it when Lister lowers the trunk lid to give the car a wing, and that is really, really really rare -- more often they make the car a fastback, and get rid of the vertical rear window and the flying buttresses that I love. Naturally, the rear end had to be tubbed out and flared to accomodate the huge rear tires. Sometimes Lister messed with the nose/headlight arrangement to get a better Cv, but I don't really like that.

But the way that beautiful V-12 looks with a twin-screw supercharger hanging off the outboard side of each intake is.....and it corrects that particular -12's one deficiency: it doesn't breathe well, stock. With the screws, it's cranking out over 700HP and good for over 220MPH -- in '89! They made convertibles, too.

Some more pics of that blue one. Serious pron. I want it so incredibly badly. It's perfect.

~ H

The rear reminded me of [​IMG]

And the old Jag Mk2 that was posted in page 2...as I was going to Albertson's [after just reading this thread] I saw one parked outside some irish pub in downtown SD. It was in great condition. Would've snapped a pic but light was green.

6. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Chrysler 300. Most powerful American production car ever made up that point.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

8. kruze

kruze Senior member

^Is that some type of tvr?

9. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

10. Mblova

Mblova Senior member

Yeah, isn't it awesome? Lister took a Jaguar XJ-S and offered a variety of modifications, from trim-only mods, to engine and suspension mods. A full-house version, like that blue one (really, they are very rare) was around 200,000 GBP. Nowadays they sell in the 30-50k GBP range, but are still hard to find (though I see two sold just recently, and a red one is for sale). I particularly love it when Lister lowers the trunk lid to give the car a wing, and that is really, really really rare -- more often they make the car a fastback, and get rid of the vertical rear window and the flying buttresses that I love. Naturally, the rear end had to be tubbed out and flared to accomodate the huge rear tires. Sometimes Lister messed with the nose/headlight arrangement to get a better Cv, but I don't really like that.

But the way that beautiful V-12 looks with a twin-screw supercharger hanging off the outboard side of each intake is.....and it corrects that particular -12's one deficiency: it doesn't breathe well, stock. With the screws, it's cranking out over 700HP and good for over 220MPH -- in '89! They made convertibles, too.

Some more pics of that blue one. Serious pron. I want it so incredibly badly. It's perfect.

~ H

I have spent the last 1 hour researching this car. This is going on the DO WANT list.

11. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I have spent the last 1 hour researching this car. This is going on the DO WANT list.
    Well, if you can afford it and do buy one, I will not like you. Not that this matters. Unless you leave it to me in your will.[​IMG] Glaser Motors in FL has a blue convertible for sale, and there is a red fastback for sale in the UK -- at one time it had the tags: G 5pot, and in the UK's tag font, the 5 really looked like an S. I really, really, really want one. I mean, I took my XJ-S for a ride Friday, and truly, it is a beautiful car to drive. There's nothing like a -12, they feel incredible. But that thing must thus be incredible. There is a guy (name I forget) who put a pair of twin-screw Whipples in a blueprinted XJ-S mill, which was also an incredible car, but it isn't a Lister. ~ H

12. Mblova

Mblova Senior member

there are way too many for me to list, but here are a few: LM002 [​IMG] G55 [​IMG] Diablo [​IMG] RR Silver Cloud [​IMG] Miura [​IMG] This is all I can think of off of the top of my head.

13. Mblova

Mblova Senior member

Well, if you can afford it and do buy one, I will not like you. Not that this matters.
    Unless you leave it to me in your will.[​IMG]

Glaser Motors in FL has a blue convertible for sale, and there is a red fastback for sale in the UK -- at one time it had the tags: G 5pot, and in the UK's tag font, the 5 really looked like an S.

I really, really, really want one. I mean, I took my XJ-S for a ride Friday, and truly, it is a beautiful car to drive. There's nothing like a -12, they feel incredible. But that thing must thus be incredible. There is a guy (name I forget) who put a pair of twin-screw Whipples in a blueprinted XJ-S mill, which was also an incredible car, but it isn't a Lister.

~ H

The XJ-S is a gorgeous car. I am nowhere near that baller status, yet.

14. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Mr.Pinchy

Mr.Pinchy Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    *throws up* reminds me of when jaguar tried too hard to be british [​IMG]