• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pictures of cars that you like.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
alfa montreal

AlfaMontreal.jpg

Yeah, that's a weird one. Great on paper but it's pretty bizarre looking.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
completely forgot how much i used to love these when i was a kid until i saw one last night.
bmw850_1024.jpg

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
completely forgot how much i used to love these when i was a kid until i saw one last night.

bmw850_1024.jpg

One of my goals in life when I was a kid was to own a 850CSI.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Yeah, that's a weird one. Great on paper but it's pretty bizarre looking.

You don't like the way American muscle-cars from 70s look?

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Not at all --- it's one of the best sports cars you can buy at any price today. They don't seem to have mahogany in their US configurator but their makassar wood is a dark brown-red stripey wood, and the steering wheel has its top and bottom covered in wood. I don't think I've yet seen a new Porsche with wood interior --- it does look good in the pictures.

--Andre

Originally Posted by JayJay
A great car and nice color combo, nothing small timer about it at all.

Good to hear guys, I shall continue to save and work hard at this!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was at my second office today ( Starbucks, Memorial Dr. ) when I ran into a Dr. friend of a Dr. friend,

I didn't know he had a Ford GT40. It's a beast!

It's properly called a Ford GT and this is the Wicki on it.

His is a 2005 and their were 4,038 of them produced. The Doc. told me that about 3,000 of the 4,038 survive. They are not daily drivers.

They normally came with a 550 HP V8 which ain't chopped liver. He customized his to 1,000 HP!!!! Yes that's correct, 1,000 HP. 0-60 in 1st gear.

Enjoy:

FordGT403JPEG.jpg

FordGT402JPEG.jpg

GT401JPEG.jpg

Truly a beast!

The deal is that next week I take him to see John O's car collection and sometime next week I'll drive the Ford GT.

I'm kind of leery of a car this fast though. I truly am a little nuts ( ask teger ), and I might crash the thing.

I really prefer the Duesenbergs and vintage cars.

If conne comes down here, we'll drive him around in FDR's limo.

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
His is a 2005 and their were 4,038 of them produced. The Doc. told me that about 3,000 of the 4,038 survive. They are not daily drivers.

They normally came with a 550 HP V8 which ain't chopped liver. He customized his to 1,000 HP!!!! Yes that's correct, 1,000 HP. 0-60 in 1st gear.

Tons of irony right there. These cars aren't surviving because guys with more money than brains/driving skill are doing these sorts of mods, just to brag about their big HP numbers. Even without such upgrades we're seeing the Porsche Carrera GT and Ferrari Enzo numbers decline steadily.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
Tons of irony right there. These cars aren't surviving because guys with more money than brains/driving skill are doing these sorts of mods, just to brag about their big HP numbers. Even without such upgrades we're seeing the Porsche Carrera GT and Ferrari Enzo numbers decline steadily.

I agree.

I might drive it but I'd never wind it out.

I'll take pics of the engine modifications next week.

It's quite a piece of machinery.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I actually like my Taurus.
I guess the true definition of smalltimer is being happy with what you have.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads