1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Post pics of your outfit for me to criticize.....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by edmorel, Aug 10, 2008.

1. AndrewRogers

AndrewRogers Senior member

As my cautionary and entertaining last post of the evening, I believe this is the single worst combination that I have worn in the last year...so many things are wrong...my only plea for mercy was this was something that I wore for hanging out at home during a Sunday morning...

But don't hold back, fellahs: attack!

[​IMG]

- B

I've seen this look somewhere before ...

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/C..._12p.widec.jpg[​IMG]

2. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

The tie is a Christmas special from Chipp. It reads "Bah Humbug."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was too lazy to fasten the cuffs on the last one.

I'm glad you posted. Quick overview of the negatives, first two printed ties do nothing, I am not a fan of prints and I think for them to work the quality has to be very good and the design sharp. You can get away with a cheap woven but you cannot get away with a cheap print. I do not like striped odd jackets, might work in a more modern interpretation and with some details that distinguish it as an odd jacket. The second pocket square is also atrocious. But here is what I love about what you do and what is missing from a lot of posters outfits, your personality comes out in your dress. You have a style, you know what it is and how to apply it to your clothing. There are many outfits that I see on the fora that are tailored impeccably, have wonderful cloths but that have absolutely no style. We always here that fit trumpets all and I agree for the most part, but the clothing has to be alive when you wear it. Too much generic styling, we need more personality.

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

[​IMG]

Hmmmm...pitched heels....

Cleverley?

And this is a completely valid question: a hairdo like that bridges the gap between hair and hat.

Well, I guess that's not really a question, but let's not let dictional confusion invalidate its validity.

- B

4. Thurston

Thurston Senior member

I'm glad you posted. ... I am ... odd ... I love ... you ... in your dress. ....

Maybe I'm overanalyzing, but is there a hidden message here?

5. Harry Lean

Harry Lean Senior member

Your weak-ass game needs work. Not to fear, Styleforum has the solution.
    deleted....not worth my time arguing with trolls.

6. AndrewRogers

AndrewRogers Senior member

Hmmmm...pitched heels.... Cleverley? And this is a completely valid question: a hairdo like that bridges the gap between hair and hat. Well, I guess that's not really a question, but let's not let dictional confusion invalidate its validity. - B
    You know, the crazy thing is that out of the entire outfit, hairdo, boilersuit, glasses, it's his shoes that get the only ridicule in North Korea.

7. Kas

Kas Senior member

I don't know what was going on with the sleeves here.

[​IMG]

I do know what was going on with the sleeves here - they were rolled up because I was the bartender at my brother's graduation party. Besides that, the tie is crooked.

[​IMG]

8. Brownshoe

Brownshoe Well-Known Member

9. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Summer [​IMG] Fall [​IMG]
    Both are perfect.

10. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Brownshoe could be an extra on Mad Men.

11. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Just got this so I'm "trying it on" here. I don't know what's going on with the right shoulder, it doesn't look like that in person [​IMG] And yes I know the lapel needs pressing. [​IMG]

12. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't know what was going on with the sleeves here.

[​IMG]

I do know what was going on with the sleeves here - they were rolled up because I was the bartender at my brother's graduation party. Besides that, the tie is crooked.

[​IMG]

Pics are too dark for me to see well, your sleeve pitch needs to be adjusted, that is what all those wrinkles are about. You seem to favor a slim RLBL type of fit and from what I can see it seems to suit you but I can't make out too many details. Second pic sleeves and jacket collar seem off but that could be pic angle.

Summer

[​IMG]

Fall

[​IMG]

You do what you do quite well. First pic is classic, tough to tell any details given the pic but the knit tie, OCBD work well with the hopefully unpadded shoulder jacket. Glasses are perfect for your face and the vintage Longines-ish watch completes it all.

Second pic is great at showing why pale skinned folks should not be afraid of color. At least 4 different colors, patterned shirt and jacket, and everything works. Love the inadvertent collar point sticking out of the vneck. This is a great fall outfit. I would normally say you need a square but in this case you would need something very simple in maybe a TV fold, or no square as you have done.

13. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

You're not going to, um, print them out and, um, you know, on the pictures, are you?

14. untilted

untilted Senior member

conne that jacket is amazing.

pick a narrower tie.

15. Strange

Strange Well-Known Member

16. J Simulcik

J Simulcik Senior member

An autogyro en route to the Prussian consulate in
    Summer

[​IMG]

Fall

[​IMG]

It's not as funny without the punchline that he isn't actually wearing any trousers. [​IMG]

17. sunnylicious

sunnylicious Member

oops...wish I saw this thread before creating a new one...

here goes

Currently wearing:

Suit: blue pin stripe

[​IMG]

Pocket square: blue with orange and brown stripes
    http://i34.tinypic.com/7088iv.jpg

[​IMG]

Shirt and tie: blue and white windowpane and the tie is yellow with red shields and yellow crosses on it

[​IMG]

Belt: brown leather
    Shoes: Brown leather (very very similar brown as the belt)
    Socks: Brown but lighter than the shoes

Thinking about changing the tie out for one of the 4 in the picture attached below (don't know why it doesn't show up in the post but I just attached the URL as well).

http://i37.tinypic.com/24xooao.jpg

[​IMG]

Thoughts? Change the belt to the below or is that a little too tacky?

[​IMG]

FYI All clothing is by Ralph Lauren.

18. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Lobbs are redeemed as long as you are not drinking Kopi Luwak.
    Don't knock Kopi Luwak until you've tried it. It's like spaghetti coffee from civet cats.

Come on, try hating these EGs:
    Walpoles FTW!!!
    Here you go, Edna:

[​IMG]

I think it is more soignÃ[​IMG] to carry the armadillo than it is to have it waiting on a shelf.

It seems well trained, though, and that says a lot.

I disagree. It looks like it's preparing to attack him from behind.

19. pcsk77

pcsk77 New Member

Hi, I have another question about pants fit. How much room should I allow for my waist? One finger or two finger fit?

My pants feels like the waist is too large. I have attached a photo, any advice is much welcome.

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

20. Sander

Sander Senior member

How could this go by uncommented?

1 person likes this.