1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Post pics of your outfit for me to criticize.....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by edmorel, Aug 10, 2008.

1. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

I think it is more soignÃ[​IMG] to carry the armadillo than it is to have it waiting on a shelf.

It seems well trained, though, and that says a lot.

- B

2. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think it is more soignÃ[​IMG] to carry the armadillo than it is to have it waiting on a shelf. It seems well trained, though, and that says a lot. - B
    What about the snot?

3. voxsartoria

What about the snot?

If it holds enough sake to work the correct sake/noodle/fornication ratios, then its excellence requires no elaboration.

And if that is really a black square in the first suit, I will have to support you instead of Ed since one of the rare silk squares that I will wear is an Hermès number with repeating Napoleonic bees, and I like its early decorative fascism.

- B

4. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

If it holds enough sake to work the correct sake/noodle/fornication ratios, then its excellence requires no elaboration.

And if that is really a black square in the first suit, I will have to support you instead of Ed since one of the rare silk squares that I will wear is an Hermès number with repeating Napoleonic bees, and I like its early decorative fascism.

- B

It is a green-gray PRL square. I seem to remember that you have the same one.

5. voxsartoria

It is a green-gray PRL square. I seem to remember that you have the same one.

The madder one? That is a fantastic square, and one of those cases where RL's vast vortex of supply chain can cough up something special.

- B

6. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Here I am Ed:

[​IMG]

When I slim down a bit more, you'll get the Full Monty!

7. esspee1200

esspee1200 Well-Known Member

I find it shocking that you can make that colour look good in a jacket. Is it shetland or something?

what kind on shoes are thoes? sorry if im too lazy to dig back... [​IMG]

8. Mildly Consumptive

Mildly Consumptive Senior member

[​IMG]

How much of the tie space is this?

9. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Fact: Lobb boat shoes are pretentious. Here are mine:

[​IMG]

But, if you were them sailing a Melges 24, while others wear their IndoChinese Sperry's drinking 1900 calorie coffees at Starb*cks, are the Lobbs redeemed?

Note: I'm wearing the flesh-colored socks again.

- B

Flesh-colored socks or panty hose w/nude heels?

10. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Senior member

lets get phat guido in here for an epic showdown, amirite?

11. Harry Lean

Harry Lean Senior member

You post a pic, I tell you what I think. Not sure what there is to get.

Your analysis seems pretty amateur (you miss a lot of essential points on fit). l think l will pass on your offer.

12. Harry Lean

Harry Lean Senior member

Monks should not have medallions.

Why not? Who says they shouldn't have medallions? l would be interested in a genuine answer.

13. Golf_Nerd

Golf_Nerd Senior member

Sorry, I don't get it.

He asked for pictures of outfits and only get's pictures of "your outfit makes me want to vomit".

If I get it right (with reading the text) he wants to tell you the unpleasent truth about your good looking outfits?!

14. Golf_Nerd

Golf_Nerd Senior member

Why not? Who says they shouldn't have medallions? l would be interested in a genuine answer.

Monks are named monks because of monks wore them. They had to be (like their living) simple. Are medallions simple??

15. Harry Lean

Harry Lean Senior member

Sorry, I don't get it.

He asked for pictures of outfits and only get's pictures of "your outfit makes me want to vomit".

Yes, that is the joke. A joke thread gets joke replies. [​IMG]

If I get it right (with reading the text) he wants to tell you the unpleasent truth about your good looking outfits?!

Yes that's right. A non tailor telling everyone how bad there outfits look. l don't get it either. [​IMG]

16. Harry Lean

Harry Lean Senior member

Monks are named monks because of monks wore them. They had to be (like their living) simple. Are medallions simple??

Good explanation Mr Nerd. l still think some monks look good with a medallion. A rule stating that monk shoes should be plane in this day and age is not really relevant anymore.

17. Golf_Nerd

Golf_Nerd Senior member

Good explanation Mr Nerd.

l still think some monks look good with a medallion. A rule stating that monk shoes should be plane in this day and age is not really relevant anymore.

Thanks.

Some like it classic, some like it fashioned forward. For some it is relevant, but I am fine with both (on Thurday I bought some pocketsquares for 10 Euros a piece. Then I came back on Friday to get another one. Then I saw a pair of Canali (CUOIO) double monks with captoe and thought they were several hundrets. With full retail they were 349 Euros. I tried them and it struck me, again. So last week it was a no for me. This week it is a yes to captoed double monks. [​IMG] ).

18. m_wave

m_wave Senior member

removed as I've made a thread of my critique instead

19. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

As my cautionary and entertaining last post of the evening, I believe this is the single worst combination that I have worn in the last year...so many things are wrong...my only plea for mercy was this was something that I wore for hanging out at home during a Sunday morning...

But don't hold back, fellahs: attack!

[​IMG]

- B

Dangerously close to moose knuckle territory here [​IMG]

20. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Your analysis seems pretty amateur (you miss a lot of essential points on fit). l think l will pass on your offer.

Yes, that is the joke. A joke thread gets joke replies. [​IMG]

Yes that's right. A non tailor telling everyone how bad there outfits look. l don't get it either. [​IMG]

Good explanation Mr Nerd. l still think some monks look good with a medallion. A rule stating that monk shoes should be plane in this day and age is not really relevant anymore.
    Your weak-ass game needs work. Not to fear, Styleforum has the solution.