• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who did the repair on those?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some of the evolutions here are what keep me from throwing in the towel over frustration of trying six or seven cuts of raw denim in the last two years and finding deal-breaking flaws with each of them.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by + theom
KMW 1980 1 year w/ home repairs

024410ed.jpg

6b5f101b.jpg

62d89354.jpg

ef9a8a5e.jpg

81e2bb18.jpg

These are ******* flawless and put mine to shame, hard. Nicely done.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
^that's dedication... keep 'em rockin', + theom! btw, great stuff always, poly!
this dude set the standard for how kmw's can look. i call it amazing.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really appreciate the nice comments you guys, I did the repairs myself with a machine. If you were to see and inside shot there are two patches behind the rips made of the extra length I took off when these were new. As for washes, let me think. One initial soak in late November '09 (those pics were taken several weeks ago), one soak in march/april, then one machine wash a few weeks later (dirt biking in mud), then one soak in august and then another wash in October or early november? I think thats it, totaling three soaks and two washes. They honestly weren't worn too hard, though I did take then to Hungary in August and I do my biking around town in them. I just wear them to school mostly. I might actually retire them soon because the crotch is just super thin and they've gotten a bit tight on me (Might be willing to part with them for a decent price) . SUUUUUUPPPEER comfy though. To think I was pissed off at these once.....
I'm pissed off at my KMWs, its been six months and there isn't much to show for it. I've been wearing em 6/7 days a week, cycled in em, got them muddy riding a dirt bike, spilled beer and who knows what else all over em, and they are still a very dark blue. I hate them but I love them. the combs suck too.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
lol, your so humble for having one of the best pairs in this thread.

thats nice to know you werent afraid to wash your jeans.

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Really appreciate the nice comments you guys, I did the repairs myself with a machine. If you were to see and inside shot there are two patches behind the rips made of the extra length I took off when these were new.

As for washes, let me think. One initial soak in late November '09 (those pics were taken several weeks ago), one soak in march/april, then one machine wash a few weeks later (dirt biking in mud), then one soak in august and then another wash in October or early november? I think thats it,
totaling three soaks and two washes. They honestly weren't worn too hard, though I did take then to Hungary in August and I do my biking around town in them. I just wear them to school mostly.

I might actually retire them soon because the crotch is just super thin and they've gotten a bit tight on me (Might be willing to part with them for a decent price) . SUUUUUUPPPEER comfy though.

To think I was pissed off at these once.....

you'll get a better price from dannon for their activa yogurt cultures, than you will here.

danracer

Reaction score
My 1yr 3mo old gap rigids compared to some mo. old gaps
a29f8596.jpg
079a9521.jpg
d8e6baed.jpg
7ec8fdb9.jpg
31717225.jpg
45c82c4a.jpg
They have bout 3 washes, nit the best quality pics but progress is shown lol

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't help but feel that ring fades are always so contrived. No offense.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, last of these i swear, this is in natural daylight, these are the most accurate pic of how they look.
5303101387_ea38003be1_z.jpg
5303694696_320b0b0d97_z.jpg
5303101685_1d7f74ed83_z.jpg
5303101853_654ef35e2a_z.jpg
5303695286_4cd38661fc_z.jpg
black knights in best light
5303694292_a65252e436_z.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
so much great denim of late. those aw's are great poly. how did you size in them? do you have a fit pic of them anywhere?

thats a nice shot of the bks. ive found they are really hard to accurately capture the color for whatever reason.

Islander

Reaction score
+1 those AWs are great, would like to see more pics of Ande's black denim if anyone has them.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Levis 514's, have no clue how old they are. Let's say, 6-9 months of continuous wear. 2 gentle handwashes, and one time I left them outside in the rain overnight...

About to have to do some repairs, as soon as I dig the sewing machine out of storage...

IMG_7346-red-1.jpg
IMG_7348-red-1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads