1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Post pics of your denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mike C., May 16, 2005.

1. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

APC New Standards. I got them about 4 monts ago and have worn them 26 times.

26 times? Do you mark this type of thing on your calendar?

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Yup, I'm keeping a "denim log." [​IMG] I figure as long as I'm doing this dry denim, no washing thing - which, let's be honest, is pretty silly - I might as well go all out and take it to the ultimate level of ridiculousness. I have worn my RRDS 49 times, FWIW. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The amount of times worn is worthless without tracking the actual amount of time spent in them.

4. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

The amount of times worn is worthless without tracking the actual amount of time spent in them.

Yes, I keep a stopwatch in my left rear pocket for this reason. You have to keep tape on top of the start/stop button to make sure it doesn't accidentally get shut off, but you get this awesome imprint of the stopwatch after a month or two. If anyone asks, you can say, "I'm an NFL scout. Got that fade when I was at the Combine."

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Yes, I keep a stopwatch in my left rear pocket for this reason. You have to keep tape on top of the start/stop button to make sure it doesn't accidentally get shut off, but you get this awesome imprint of the stopwatch after a month or two. If anyone asks, you can say, "I'm an NFL scout. Got that fade when I was at the Combine."

Who cares how much time you spend in them if you aren't sweating and moving? I use a pedometer. My R&Bs have 5,392 steps in them so far.

By the way zjpj, the APCs do fit you really well. I'm glad the length came out correctly, they're just about perfect for the style. I don't really consider dry denim to be a ridiculous thing. It's the purist way of wearing jeans, after all.

6. augie

augie New Member

APC New Standards. I got them about 4 monts ago and have worn them 26 times.

[​IMG]

zjpj83,

I'm considering buying a pair of New Standard- can I ask you what your normal waist size is and what size your New Standards are? I've heard I should order two inches smaller.

7. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

You could order up to 3-5, depending on how you want to wear them.

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I'm about a 29-30 waist. More like a 30 now. My New Standards are size 27. They're the right size for me.

9. iansir

iansir Well-Known Member

Straight Svens, 5.5 months. First wash was after 3 months of wear, and they looked good. Just did the second wash and they look much better, I am really happy with the color. I just ripped the crotch, but got it repaired and will stop wearing these everyday (I want them to last!). Now I'll be focusing on a new pair of bootcut ola's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Senior member

11. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

Cultpop, been clubbin much lately? How are the happy hours goin?

12. cultpop 0217

Cultpop, been clubbin much lately? How are the happy hours goin?

are you referring to my bracelets? (i hope) or is it a less than zero joke?
    one is from the black keys show the other is from the smoking popes.
    i just let them fall off. im a dirtbag, so what?
    i havent been in a club since those ecstasy charges got dropped back in '98 fool.

13. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

Yeah i was talking about the bracelets. Black keys, huh? Those guys rock. Must have been a good show. I like the jeans btw. I would buy them, but tapered jeans don't look too well on me. I wish they had other cuts with the pink weft... just too cool.

14. cultpop 0217

yeah the black keys put on a great show. the cut on the nikkis isnt for everyone but the denim color is the coolest thing ever.

15. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

Can someone help me out and give me instructions on posting pics. I have a grip of denim pics but no skill at posting them,

Cheers

16. j

j Senior member Admin

17. Homme

Homme Senior member

Regular Ralf Used de Luxe, 2 years in June. Absolutely love them. However, am considering getting a pair of the dry selvedge... if i do so, then these will get a lot less wear than what they are getting now. But they won't mind. They're not the jealous type [​IMG].

[​IMG]

The soon to be exiting Low Slim Jim worn used. Just didn't wear them, the Regular Ralfs are perfect for me, these didn't suit me at all. I bought them against my better judgement, i blame the hot sales girl, with the white skin and the boobs that were out.

[​IMG]

18. moosy

moosy Senior member

19. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

did you do those back pockets yourself...?

20. moosy

moosy Senior member

did you do those back pockets yourself...?
    No, I bought it new with the back pocekt stiching at the APC store