1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Post pics of your denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mike C., May 16, 2005.

1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Damn those middle ones look awesome man. Are those 501 STFs? That's pretty incredible wear for 2 months.

*EDIT* Ah the middle ones had 2 years of wear. Makes sense with the Liquid Nail. Still, pretty good stuff. How many times did you wash em? I imagine pretty often.

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

3. hamish5178

hamish5178 Well-Known Member

Flat out bollocks, just keep washing and wearing them

Have you ever owned a pair of APCs? They aren't high quality Japanese Denim that have been dyed really well. You cannot wash them early/often and expect high-contrast fades. Sure, you will continue to get whiskers post-wash, but they will not be stiff enough to hold real honeycombs. Also, mine never stacked the same way again after I washed them, so they didn't continue to fade there either.

4. TxdoHawk

TxdoHawk Well-Known Member

That middle pair is awesome, and personally, I think the liquid nail stains just add to the look.

5. braindrain

braindrain Well-Known Member

6. lost in va

lost in va Well-Known Member

Damn those middle ones look awesome man. Are those 501 STFs? That's pretty incredible wear for 2 months.

*EDIT* Ah the middle ones had 2 years of wear. Makes sense with the Liquid Nail. Still, pretty good stuff. How many times did you wash em? I imagine pretty often.

Based off the last time I posted I'd say they're at 3 hot soaks and maybe 3 washes.. they've probably got a solid 220+ days of wear on them. Mind you that's all work where I'm installing pool tables, hot tubs, pools, etc... on top of a lot of warehouse work. They got beat up quick but will end up holding up 100x better then the 501's (yes, they are STF's). They back pocket on the 501's is already ripped bigger then the S5000VX's..... lame.

7. djh

djh Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

nudie AJDH

Nice.

8. km83

km83 Active Member

Have you ever owned a pair of APCs? They aren't high quality Japanese Denim that have been dyed really well. You cannot wash them early/often and expect high-contrast fades. Sure, you will continue to get whiskers post-wash, but they will not be stiff enough to hold real honeycombs. Also, mine never stacked the same way again after I washed them, so they didn't continue to fade there either.

Three pairs, it's the wear not the wash that will get you teh awezom fadez [​IMG]

9. eelnosnor

eelnosnor Well-Known Member

How's it going everyone? These are my 1 year dry bones x self edge x superfuture. I'm iGit
    from sufu. Hope you guys like my dry bones, they been soaked maybe 2-3 times and washed 3 times. Pictures were taken with my point and shoot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. steviecakes

steviecakes Well-Known Member

those look amazing!
    really nice contrast fades. no rips/holes/repairs?

11. eelnosnor

eelnosnor Well-Known Member

I had to repair the crotch twice, and right now there is a quarter size hole in the crotch area right now. Needs another repair

12. kinch

kinch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    ho ho holy shit

13. whereismyshoe

whereismyshoe Well-Known Member

combs
    tell me the secret to combs. i can NEVER get them to pop like this

14. connor

connor Well-Known Member

igits always got sick combs. his skulls are the shit

15. kevinbrownshakedown

kevinbrownshakedown Well-Known Member

16. Listi

Listi Well-Known Member

17. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

^^^Man those started out dark... veddy niieeecee

18. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Well-Known Member

Color in the first pic is incredible

+rep 4 crawfish boil

19. Listi

Listi Well-Known Member

That middle pair is awesome, and personally, I think the liquid nail stains just add to the look.
    Yep Those are beautiful! Liquid nails stains proves you actually work in them and beat the living hell out of them. I like jeans that are just beaten to death... I mean, they're not something I would wear everyday just based on the way I dress, but I'd love to have some jeans like that to just rock sometime [​IMG] Maybe my Ande's will be that beat some day hehe but if I were to try to do legit work in them, I'd probably just tear the crotch again...

20. Ispy

Ispy Well-Known Member

tell me the secret to combs. i can NEVER get them to pop like this

+1!!!