• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnrswitch
What is snuss? Do you mean snuff? or am I missing something? or are they the same?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snus The RR with the Super Premium Deluxe Wash (or whatever it's called) have a similar circular wear mark on the back pocket and is supposed to be from a tin of snus.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Levi's Skinner - 19 weeks - 2 soaks/hang dry
Finally seeing some visible fading in the crotch-al area and in the honeycombs. Still quite rigid, and tight as hell after the soaks. Been wearing them less now as I was gettin kinda tired of tight jeans.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
They look great! I love the RRDS blue after it's been washed. Such a great color.

Ditto. I have two pairs in different sizes, and I actually really like the true blue color after a wash. My 9 month pair is actually in the washer right now, for the, um, maybe 12th wash...

headtowall

Reaction score
lvc 1947, about two months in, unwashed.

P5200011.jpg

P5200012.jpg

Reaction score
My apologies to those who saw this before, but here are my 5 mo. RRDS after his first ever wash in hot water w/ bronners:
ralffront.jpg
ralfback.jpg

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
DDML, the thighs on your Ralfs have a hint of an almost turquoise tone in there somewhere. Looking beautiful.

So many nice jeans posted recently. If my camera was here I'd post my more modest pics just to even it out.

rnrswitch

Reaction score
Well since ddml posted here and superfuture I feel like I got to too.

Canes somewhere from 6 - 8 months.

Haven't worn them much in the past couple months. Just hiking and such on the weekends.
scfrontback4pz.jpg
[/IMG]

sclapfrontback6aj.jpg
[/IMG]

sccollage5te.jpg
[/IMG]

Here are the Jean Shop jeans I just added. Probably the last pair of jeans I will buy for a long time.

jeanshop3ry.jpg
[/IMG]

denimaddict

Reaction score
I like those Jean Shop jeans a lot. Any idea what their website is or any online retailers I could take a look at?

Reaction score
Mrs. Witch, That belt, buckle, braid is an undefeatable triad. Nice! Question about the Jean Shop-----any complaints about the hardware? I like the look of them so much, particularly the color, but there is this nagging voice...

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimaddict
I like those Jean Shop jeans a lot. Any idea what their website is or any online retailers I could take a look at?
Jean Shop is a custom denim boutique. Custom is a generous term; you can only pick from two cuts. The wash is customized, though. $250-600 price range.

rnrswitch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
Mrs. Witch, That belt, buckle, braid is an undefeatable triad. Nice! Question about the Jean Shop-----any complaints about the hardware? I like the look of them so much, particularly the color, but there is this nagging voice...

That is the only drawback. The hardware is nice and sturdy, but it does look rather "cheap." The jeans, though, are beautiful. Denim is dark. Selvedge crotch. Nice fit.

BTW the name is r-n-r-switch... It is short for rock n roll switchblades. Unless you were taking a jab at me. I get it a lot when people look at my email address. Thanks for the compliment on the leatherware.

Reaction score
No jab. rnrs looked like mrs, to me, though I guessed it may have actually been Mr. Switch, which would have been half-right, I guess. I have bad eyes. But seriously, nice jeans, dude! Selvage crotch???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads